Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Succeeding to Whanau Land  

Page 1 / 3
  RSS
iraboyd@hotmail.com OWC
(@iraboydhotmail-com-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia Ora Whanau,
I would just like to say a big "KIA ORA" to those whanau who are applying for succession to whanau land. I think that is just great. Keep up the good work whanau.

What can we do NOW to ensure that our moko's don't have to go through the same thing?
1..Ask our Koro's, Papa's, Nanny's, Mum's, and Dad's NOW who will succeed to their land shares?
2..Put their wishes (successors)in writing?
3..Take it to the Maori Land Court, Lawyer etc, so that when they pass on, all the information is there for the Courts to deal with.
4..If MLCourt requires further info then at least our Koro, Kuia,Mum or Dad will still be with us to help us sort it out. Kia ora...

and lastly, please keep your personal details with the maori land court up-to-date. Check each year that your personal information is current and especially if you are contemplating living overseas like Australia.... Come on guy's, get land wise!!!

Any other ideas/thoughts greatly appreciated.
If I can help in anyway please post me.

Arohamai Whanau.

Edited by - iraboyd@hotmail.com on Dec 02 2006 06:15:33 AM

Posted : 25 November, 2006 9:04 am
ngati_kuri@hotmail.com OWC
(@ngati_kurihotmail-com-owc)
Eminent Member

Arohanui ki te mahi Ira.

There are many instances that prove knowledge in the habds of the unworthy has brought much dispair to many not lettered in the laws that we are currently living under today.

Some say we are mugs to follow these laws and register our successions in tupuna land interests as we are just following 1800 pakeha laws which suppress and destroy our previous maori traditions on land succession.

Others say when they go to the MLO they are told their rights to customary lands don't exist under that name in that block or someone has claimed all... the shares as they were at that time uneconomically valued and one person could do that. So we can't fix that up, you go talk to the family about that.

So land succession have the names of their immedate family written do but is still in the applicants name.

What about the exchanging of land in says gone by that later have proven they were not in the best interest of the whanau (one piece being of much more value/use that thw exchanged land). What about those that get really savvy about succession and can swallow little pockets uo lawfully as they have been lift unclaimed and idle for so many years?

Finally what about the poor mugs... whose tupuna lands have been swallowed up in DoCs administered lands or Incorporations who have been created to administer the lands. What about those that fill out right to occupy forms to be told... we have 741 applications so far, however we haven'y processed any yet!

You have offered your hand to help our people as an info extraordinaire and decipher of the myriad of barriers to finding what is held in MLO files and now electronically.

I hope you don't mind me asking questions on this subject in the hope, we can arm our people with the tools to claim what is rightfully theirs and maybe ways to correct anomalies also.

Reading your proactive posts really make my day!

Kapai to ra!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 November, 2006 10:42 am
iraboyd@hotmail.com OWC
Eminent Member

Kia Ora Ngati Kuri,
I am in full support of your korero and tautoko it whole heartedly and have heard sad stories but I just got to keep ploding on for the sake of our moko's, no one else matters to me but them.
Lets think about building motels, hotels, cabins, anything to bring in putea for our moko's so that when they become of age (this is my wish) that they do not HAVE TO go to work, they are not forced to depend on the DPB, Unemployment, Widows Benefit, to name but a few. We got the Rugby World Cup in Aotearoa in 2011, what will our part, as maori, be in this event? Accommodation will be stretched to the max, we'll have truck loads of tourists/visitors. What we can do, is to use our maori land we have available to us to use as camping grounds for the thousands of visitors that will arrive. We as maori will need to generate an income from the many visitors, utilise the maori land the government didn't want (thank goodness).
So we all got to do our bit for our moko's no matter how hard it becomes at times. Hate blaming but I feel that the Trustee's of maori land blocks have alot to be accountable for, not all, just a few.
We need to fight for the rights of our moko's, build homes for them not houses. If whanau is involved in devious land issues then that is sad, that is really sad. I am aware that this does happen and that they are not isolated cases. But if we tidy up this crap now then it will be plain sailing for our moko's

and that makes me feel just absolutely GREAT!

Yeah! I do go on abite don't I?
Thanx for your korero much appreciated.
Arohamai,
Ko Ira tenei.

Edited by - iraboyd@hotmail.com on Nov 28 2006 05:43:55 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 November, 2006 1:38 pm
ngati_kuri@hotmail.com OWC
(@ngati_kurihotmail-com-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia Ora Ira, I may need to send some details by post for you to look over.

I'd love to know how you broke the code.... for adding smilies and colour? in the forums. I click on the option and end up with the words in my text but..... no visual changes sighted. Have you managed to change fonts yet??

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 November, 2006 7:25 pm
iraboyd@hotmail.com OWC
Eminent Member

quote:

I'd love to know how you broke the code.... for adding smilies and colour? in the forums. I click on the option and end up with the words in my text but..... no visual changes sighted. Have you managed to change fonts yet??

Edited by - iraboyd@hotmail.com on Nov 27 2006 07:48:01 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 November, 2006 7:26 am
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Color of your choice
Format enter code
Typed text

hope its ok!

Edited by - pono on Nov 27 2006 12:51:27 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 November, 2006 12:43 pm
iraboyd@hotmail.com OWC
Eminent Member

quote:

Kia ora Ngati Kuri,

My postal address is: Ms Ira Boyd, PO Box 2427, Stortford Lodge, Hastings. Look forward to perusing your documents and assisting wherever I can. Arohamai.

Smilies: you need to select 'post with reply' icon.

Colour:
1..Select the colour that you want first (in the coloured boxes above).
2..A box will appear up the left hand corner.
3..Type the word/s you want to colour, then click on OK.
4..It will appear on screen like this [purple] the word that you want coloured [purple].

Fonts: Yep! as you have noticed??

Check out below, isn't that just the bomb. Got it from 'retimana'.

Post if any problems!
Kia ora,
Ko Ira tenei.

'Every thing I do is unique but is unique no longer'..

Edited by - iraboyd@hotmail.com on Nov 27 2006 4:32:23 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 November, 2006 2:16 pm
Retimana OWC
(@retimana-owc)
Eminent Member

CHER!! Clever

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 November, 2006 2:23 pm
iraboyd@hotmail.com OWC
Eminent Member

quote:

CHER!! Clever

Damn! is that kool or is that kool. I am impressed immensely Ruth! My biggest apology. Tumeke! Ka pai e wahine toa..Kia ora..

Edited by - iraboyd@hotmail.com on Nov 27 2006 4:23:00 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 November, 2006 2:43 pm
Retimana OWC
(@retimana-owc)
Eminent Member

Aroha Mai, just havin a tutu..meant to say:

Click on Forum Code to the left of Reply box .

'TIS A GOOD LOOK AYE!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 November, 2006 2:47 pm
iraboyd@hotmail.com OWC
Eminent Member

quote:

Aroha Mai, just havin a tutu..meant to say:

Click on Forum Code to the left of Reply box .

'TIS A GOOD LOOK AYE!

Man you got me going now. Kia Ora!

Edited by - iraboyd@hotmail.com on Nov 27 2006 5:42:10 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 November, 2006 4:39 pm
janice tanerau OWC
(@janice-tanerau-owc)

just having a tutu too!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 November, 2006 11:59 pm
janice tanerau OWC
(@janice-tanerau-owc)

damn!!!!!!!! still trying!
(marquee)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 November, 2006 12:02 am
janice tanerau OWC
(@janice-tanerau-owc)

hhhhmmmmmm!!! if yous can do it so can I...
will try again later...!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 November, 2006 12:05 am
iraboyd@hotmail.com OWC
Eminent Member

quote:

damn!!!!!!!! still trying!
(marquee)

Keep trying e taku hoa! Kia ora...

Edited by - iraboyd@hotmail.com on Dec 01 2006 2:23:20 PM

ReplyQuote