Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

SULLIVAN Andrew James  

judy OWC
(@judy-owc)

Kia Ora,

Is anyone able to help us fill in the blanks in our family history? We are trying to find out if my husbands grandfather was of Maori descent. His name was Andrew james Sullivan, born on the 3rd of December 1887 in Waititi, King Country. His father was Eugene Sullian, who was a labourer and his mother is listed as Mary Sullivan (nee Watson) We are not sure if in fact Mary Sullivan was his birth mother as the family stories suggest his birth mother may have been Maori and his apperance lent credence to that theory. He was a profoundly eloquent orator and a fluent speaker of teh Maori language.
Does anyone know if there is a link between the Sullivan family and Ngati Maniapoto?
We would be grateful for any informatuon anyone can give us.
Thanks, Judy

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 May, 2005 3:26 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora Judy,

While I can not say if there is a link between the Sullivan family and Ngati Maniapoto, I suggest that you make sure you are in the Whakapapa Club then click on Full Search and put in Sullivan. There are qute a few results there and maybe by following the leads you can fid there you may find the answers to your question!

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 May, 2005 10:46 pm

Working

Please Login or Register