Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

SYLVA Ben son of Wiki & Kate nee Rogers/Busby  

RSS
ngati_kuri@hotmail.com OWC
(@ngati_kurihotmail-com-owc)
Eminent Member

Searching for Ben Sylva only son of Wiki & Kate.

Ben my mum is Marguerite (b 1931) a daughter of your Uncle Joe & Aunt Martha nee Henare.

I travelled with my mum in 1994 to Invercargill and met your Mum and sister Lavinia and family. Later we journeyed to the far north and in Pt England I met Uncle Basil and Aunt Mary, all of these rellies for the first time.

I have no details for you except you live in Australia.

Everytime I go to Te Hapua I see your father's photo put up in Te Reo Mihi marae by Heeki Moses who is now 80 years old and we still have a yarn about your Dad. Heeki was a 14 year old boy who travelled down to Auckland with your father, when he was heading off to war.

My mother told me the story of being a young girl and your father came bicycling down the Unehi Rd Waimononi to say goodbye to his brother Joe and family.

It would really be nice to hear from you as you are spoken of often and have yet to meet all of us.

Edited by - ngati_kuri@hotmail.com on Feb 12 2008 3:54:24 PM

Posted : 12 February, 2008 3:47 pm
ngati_kuri@hotmail.com OWC
(@ngati_kurihotmail-com-owc)
Eminent Member

Ben could be living in Brisbane Queensland. He would be close to 70.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 February, 2008 7:04 pm
Share: