Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

SYMONDS or BARNETT: Lookind for descendants of Mary SYMONDS and Henry BARNETT  

RSS
Jodzm OWC
(@jodzm-owc)

I am looking for descendants of Mary Symonds and Henry Barnett who were married on 10/09/1863. There children were Henry S Barnett who married Kora Te Whire, Elizabeth, Thomas, Frederick, Walter, William, Amy, Francis, Olive, Jessie, Aver, Albert.

Posted : 09 February, 2007 8:20 pm
Maniapoto.Piripi OWC
(@maniapoto-piripi-owc)

Kia Ora

My nanny was a Barnett, not sure if she was a descendent of Henry. Her name was Rita (married a Phillips [Piripi]) and she had 15 children including my dad. Some have since deceased but most of us are living in Aussie.

There is also an Edward and Lenice Barnett who live in Aussie too. Not sure if they're descendents of Mary and Henry but they are my nanny's cousins so I'm very closely related to the Barnett's on my dad's side of the whanau.

Don't know if this was of any help but if it was and you find that I'm speaking of the same Barnett's then send me an email.

Rosie

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 February, 2007 1:44 am
tuteaiti OWC
(@tuteaiti-owc)

I am a descendant of Mary sister Kahu and maybe able to help with your search email me and will see what i can do

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 June, 2007 11:54 am
Jodzm OWC
(@jodzm-owc)

Kia ora, that is great, my e-mail is jodzm@msn.com. I can't access your e-mail so could you please e-mail me?.
Looking forward to hearing from you - Jodi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 June, 2007 1:02 pm
Pondi OWC
(@pondi-owc)

Kia Ora te whaanau,

Ko Tainui te Waka
Ko Maungatautari te Maunga
Ko Waikato te Awa
Ko Ngati Raukawa te Iwi
Ko Ngati Huri te Hapu
Ko Pikitu te Marae

Henry Sidney Barnett is my gr8 gr8 grandfather from Pikitu Marae at Te Waotu in Putaruru, their son Robert Frank also known as Rab Barnett is my gr8 grandfather... we are very closely related and i would love to hear about our connection to each other...
And yes ma cuzzie Maniapoto ur nanny is definitely a descendant of Henry i knew her as aunty Tinch, she's a younger sister to my grandmother Alice, my mum is Phyllis - can u give all my loves to ur whaanau ova there, its been a while since i last seen them...

Edited by - Pondi on Sep 13 2007 2:26:43 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 September, 2007 2:15 pm
moks OWC
(@moks-owc)

kia ora whanau I to am a direct descendent,hey aunty or uncle my grandmother was Phyllis check me out

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 January, 2008 11:42 am
moks OWC
(@moks-owc)

Maniapoto
There is book on Barnett geneology, I knew Aunty Tinch well, grew up around the whanau my nana (Phyllis) only lived down the road.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 January, 2008 11:52 am
Jodzm OWC
(@jodzm-owc)

quote:

Maniapoto
There is book on Barnett geneology, I knew Aunty Tinch well, grew up around the whanau my nana (Phyllis) only lived down the road.

Kia ora, I would love to read the book - any ideas how I can get one?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 January, 2008 4:21 pm
moks OWC
(@moks-owc)

there were two books in depth on the Pakeha geneology side of the Barnetts. maniapoto, Pondi and I are cousins as our grandmothers were sisters (funny world).
As for the books I would have to check as to where you can order them from. But I see your email address and I will look at emailing in short form.
You will laugh if you were to read the books on Barnetts/Symonds (Known by different spelling as well) Our tipuna arrived as a barnett from London but married many times it doesn't just cover Barnetts you would be surprised who is actually connected to us.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 January, 2008 10:53 am
Share: