Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TAARE  

RSS
dotnblk OWC
(@dotnblk-owc)

Kia Ora Whanau,

During one of our Maori classes @ Uni me & Naomi met this fulla who is closely related to the Taare Whanau. His name is Tipene Bailey and he gave us a whakapapa that goes back to Charlie Christian. Tipene's Grandmother Iwa and Ipa (Natanahira) are brother and sister...small world aye!!!
If anyone else could contribute to our Whakapapa about Charlie Christian or any background info on him and his wife Ani Kanara please let us know.

Ka Kite

Dorothy

Posted : 22 November, 2005 7:36 am
Nature OWC
(@nature-owc)

Kia Ora Whanaunga,
I was just looking at this message and i am a year late. Charles Christian also known as Hoani Taare is whom i descend from also. there are alot of us living in Te Araroa. there is also a book called Te Araroa written by Bob McConnell and has some info about Hoani Taare.Or i suggest you go to Te Araroa and visit Bob and he should shed some light about him and his wife Ani Kanara. I only have info of how i whakapapa to him unless you can shed some names i might be able to help you.. Kia Ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 March, 2007 5:35 pm
kancoo OWC
(@kancoo-owc)

My Mother is a Taare and her father was Whakahihi Taare and his father was Hoani Taare. Hoani Taare married a Heni Paerata. Hoani Taare's father was Charles Christian and he married Ani Kanara.

Would anyone have any idea where Charles Christian and Ani Kanara are buried. We've been to the Taruheru Cemetary in Gisborne but to no avail so we think. Been to all cemetaries in Gisborne and Hastings so we could have missed something somewhere can anyone help.

Heoi ano

na Hoana Pomare (nee Taare)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 March, 2007 9:54 pm
micat101 OWC
(@micat101-owc)

quote:

My Mother is a Taare and her father was Whakahihi Taare and his father was Hoani Taare. Hoani Taare married a Heni Paerata. Hoani Taare's father was Charles Christian and he married Ani Kanara.

Would anyone have any idea where Charles Christian and Ani Kanara are buried. We've been to the Taruheru Cemetary in Gisborne but to no avail so we think. Been to all cemetaries in Gisborne and Hastings so we could have missed something somewhere can anyone help.

Heoi ano

na Hoana Pomare (nee Taare)

Try Michael Martin
micat101@bigpond.net.au

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 August, 2007 11:51 pm
davidgrace OWC
(@davidgrace-owc)

Kia ora noa Tatou te Whanau,

Taare Christian was buried at Kaiti Cemetery, engari when they built the Freezing works they moved the graves so most of the graves are now unmarked. Ani Kaanara is buried at Tahuheru Cemetery
the name on her stone is Ani Taare, she is in the part of the Cemetery just passed Lytton High School. If you walk along 6 rows from the fence, and go 6 rows deep thats where you'll find her.

He uri a Ani Kaanara; raua ko Taare Christian

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 November, 2007 5:29 pm
Share: