Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

TAKAROKI, Utiki Netana  

Sharlayne OWC
(@sharlayne-owc)

Looking for any information about my koro. Northern Wairoa to Kaipara 1820's to 1860's.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 May, 2005 6:46 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe ano Sharlayne,

If you go to www.familysearch.org and put TAKAROKI in the last name, setting the country to New Zealand, you will find quite a few whanau with that surname listed. NOTE: not all information in the familysearch site is accurate, but it is a good place to start piecing together info!

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 May, 2005 5:58 pm
Purerehua OWC
(@purerehua-owc)

Kia Ora e hoa,
I just have a question. When you say Northern Wairoa, where exactly do you mean.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 May, 2005 10:33 pm
Sharlayne OWC
(@sharlayne-owc)

Kia Ora

At the time, i was guessing Northern Wairoa. Found on the LatterDay Saints Family Search Site, that he had 2 sisters Haromea & Haromi. His father Netana Takaroki & his mother is Ramiri. And they were living in Kaipara. Other than that, still looking for any other information. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for taking so long to reply & thank you for asking.

quote:

Kia Ora e hoa,
I just have a question. When you say Northern Wairoa, where exactly do you mean.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 June, 2005 6:29 pm
romi
 romi
(@romi)

Tena koe,
Many years ago I had the pleasure of having a koorero with this elderly gentleman from the Wairarapa. We were into outdoor bowls at the time. He said: I grew up at Orakei, Auckland with my whanau, but left to go south with my parents when I was still young.We left behind my father's whanau (Witika family) at Orakei. He also said his tupuna was Takaroki Utika (note the closeness to Witika? and your Utiki?), of Taranaki. Takaroki Utika moved north to be with relatives, and I presume, died there. One of Takaroki's sons was Warata Witika the father of this kaumatua, who is still very alert and lucid , but I have mislaid his address. If you contact those bowling clubs down his way, you will find out more.
Kia ora
Romi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 June, 2005 11:33 am
Sharlayne OWC
(@sharlayne-owc)

You're a GEM Romi! Kia Ora!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 June, 2005 12:36 pm

Working

Please Login or Register