Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Taki WINITANA  

RSS
globil OWC
(@globil-owc)

this is my grandfather (Taki Winitana) he is my natural fathers father, he lived in Waimarama with his sons and daughter who I visited now and again as a small child. I spent a little time with my father and his wife Dudley when I left school but have no knowlege about tis families whakapapa.
I think my grandad originally came from Waikaremoana, and that his father was a brother to Timoti Karetu's father, does anyone know more about this family?
Kia ora mai, na
Wiremu Panapa-Stuart.

Posted : 17 November, 2005 12:08 pm
manu_tekowhai@hotmail.com OWC
(@manu_tekowhaihotmail-com-owc)

I know that Timoti Karetu is really helpful if you ask him. Your dad did come from Waikaremoana area. I will send you the information I have when I get it out. Have sent a private e-mail also.

Kei konei

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 November, 2005 12:58 pm
globil OWC
(@globil-owc)

tena koe Manu Te Kowhai, Your information will be really appreciated, I will contact Timoti ance I find what I have done with his email address, I have put it somewhere safe and now I need to search for it. Once again thank for your input into my search hope to hear more from you in the future.
Kia ora mo tena, na
Wiremu Panapa-Stuart.

Edited by - globil on Nov 17 2005 2:01:05 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 November, 2005 1:45 pm
arapeta OWC
(@arapeta-owc)

Tena koe Globil, I know the Winitana whanau from Waikaremoana as well. I come from Ruatahuna. I'll give you Tamati Winitana's email for more information as we work together at Raukawa. You may want to contact Chris Winitana who lives at Turangi. I hope this helps. Nga mihi.

Tom Winitana - tom@winitana.maori.nz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 December, 2005 9:25 am
arapeta OWC
(@arapeta-owc)

Ano nga mihi globil, contact for Chris Winitana can be through his sister Te Mare Hahipene contact:

cbli@tuwharetoa.iwi.nz

good luck & happy new year
Arapeta

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 December, 2005 9:32 am
Parnz OWC
(@parnz-owc)

kia ora,
does anyone know the name Carol Winitana.about 51yrs of age now.she has a son that is about 29-30yrs of age.not sure where abouts they maybe or remarried.her mother may have raised her son..i have asked a few of the winitana's from hastings but no one has heard of that name.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 September, 2006 9:40 pm
Parnz OWC
(@parnz-owc)

about Carol Winitana.her sons name maybe damien ,or damon something like that,but not really sure.have also heard they maybe in Whakatane area.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 September, 2006 9:52 pm
alihoupapa OWC
(@alihoupapa-owc)

Tena Koe

My late great uncle was Vern Winitana, he married Betty Winitana (nee Puketapu). He has a son named after him, and they reside to this day at Puketapu grove, Lower Hutt, Wellington. I hope this helps you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 October, 2006 3:08 pm
Share: