Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Takimoana Sophia  

RSS
Sophia OWC
(@sophia-owc)

Seeking cuzzies!

Looking for any whanau related to the Bay of Island Takimoana Whanau?

My parents Bob Takimona and Moana Stafford, sisters Roberta, Georgina brothers Heta, Te Maru and Bus. Our Grandmother was Sophie George.

would like to hook up with any of the whanau

Posted : 16 April, 2007 10:08 am
frontman OWC
(@frontman-owc)

Kia Ora Sophia, i knew of some takimoanas that lived in blenheim. Her name was trish takimoana. She was married but her married name i'm sorry i can't remenber. She was a Kaiako for the local kohanga reo which i beleive is still based at the Polytech she also had a brother that lived down there his name was Moka. I'm sorry to say but Trish passed away some years ago. If your in Blenheim anytime soon you can try the Polytech and ask for Georgina who is her daughter I'm sure she is still in charge of the pre-school. Happy hunting.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 April, 2007 4:33 pm
Sophia OWC
(@sophia-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora Sophia, i knew of some takimoanas that lived in blenheim. Her name was trish takimoana. She was married but her married name i'm sorry i can't remenber. She was a Kaiako for the local kohanga reo which i beleive is still based at the Polytech she also had a brother that lived down there his name was Moka. I'm sorry to say but Trish passed away some years ago. If your in Blenheim anytime soon you can try the Polytech and ask for Georgina who is her daughter I'm sure she is still in charge of the pre-school. Happy hunting.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 April, 2007 3:08 pm
Sophia OWC
(@sophia-owc)

[Kia ora bro!

Yeah i know who you're talking about she was my aunty bless her sole, anyhow cuzzie Gina is living in Seddon and uncle George also.

i am the niece of Moka who resides in Nelson working as a security guard and also with the Māori Wardens.

How do you know the whanau? R u a relation?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 April, 2007 3:12 pm
ngati_kuri@hotmail.com OWC
(@ngati_kurihotmail-com-owc)
Eminent Member

Is your turangawaewae in Ta Kao Far North? The Te Kao Takimoana's (have viewed recoreds around late 1800's) are also related to the Harawira's.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 April, 2007 5:43 pm
Share: