Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

TAKIMOANA Whanau: from Waitangi  

sthside274 OWC
(@sthside274-owc)

Kia Ora,

I'm wanting to find Whanau related to my Dad, "Norman Spencer Takimoana". Since I don't have much contact with my father, I am hoping this message will help me.
I know that he had sister's and him being the only son...I think he had a sister named Lavinia,and another named Arihia (I think), please correct me if I'm wrong. I would love to know my Dad's side of the Whanau.

Thanking You,
Lavinia

Edited by - poutokomanawa on Mar 07 2005 10:44:39 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 January, 2005 12:32 am
ngatauranga OWC
(@ngatauranga-owc)

KIA KAHA!!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 January, 2005 9:32 pm
ngati_kuri@hotmail.com OWC
(@ngati_kurihotmail-com-owc)
Eminent Member

There are Takimoana's from Te Hapua (Far North) could they be related??

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 January, 2005 1:46 pm
Ginseng OWC
(@ginseng-owc)

Kiaora Lavinia

Wow, this is quite uncanny! I am a niece to a person with the same name as your father, though not sure of his middle name. As far as I know he lives in South Auckland and has 6 children (2 have sinced passed away), I am not familiar with Uncle Norman's side of the whanau but am familiar with his partner Jackie's side of the whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 January, 2005 11:53 pm
maxt OWC
(@maxt-owc)

Tena hoki koe, Lavinia. Kia kaha.
You're in the right rohe, Takimoana is a common name around Waitangi, Oromahoe. Keep looking, you'll be right.
See you at Te Tii Marae, Waitangi on the 6th of Feb, may be a few people around to help you out.
A te wa,
maxt

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 January, 2005 1:54 pm
lacenz10 OWC
(@lacenz10-owc)

kia ora
There are takimoana whanau in nelson, they are all maori wardens an do come from up north please ring this number, his name is willie houpapa an he will give u thier number or direct u to them,0211496712....or u can try eugene takimoana on 0211747865, eugene stutters but try both numbers an im sure they can answer yr questions, good luck....na cherryl matete....maori warden o te tau ihu o te waka a maui.nelson

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 January, 2005 10:14 pm
sthside274 OWC
(@sthside274-owc)

Thank you to one and all who have taken their precious time to read my needs. If I did not respond to your lovely msg's...please forgive me, for I am very overwhelmed with joy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 January, 2005 4:07 pm
gojita OWC
(@gojita-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora,

I'm wanting to find Whanau related to my Dad, "Norman Spencer Takimoana". Since I don't have much contact with my father, I am hoping this message will help me.
I know that he had sister's and him being the only son...I think he had a sister named Lavinia,and another named Arihia (I think), please correct me if I'm wrong. I would love to know my Dad's side of the Whanau.

Thanking You,
Lavinia

Edited by - poutokomanawa on Mar 07 2005 10:44:39 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 May, 2005 1:57 am
gojita OWC
(@gojita-owc)

kia ora lavinia

was just wondering how you are going with your search... i am a takimoana with whanau from the north... i havent heard of your uncle but i do know many whanau and if you would like to exchange any names you may have we may be able to find some sort of connection... or i could put you on to other whanau that may be able to help you....

kia kaha

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 May, 2005 2:00 am
jakz OWC
(@jakz-owc)

Kia Ora Lavinia just wondering how your search is going..I'm from Waitangi.You should try Ashbys as well there pretty much connected. Im a Williiams from there Im not to clued up on names my Dad would know but he passed away in November last year well let me know how its going Cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 June, 2005 9:59 pm
kevbo1 OWC
(@kevbo1-owc)

Tena Koe Lavinia
I Know Lance Takimoana from Waitangi. We used to row Ngatokimatawhaorua waka in 1976 back in the day.I saw my cousin who enquired for me when he was up in waitangi Lances family are still living there but lance is down the south island at the moment also try 018 diretory for their number kia ora i hope you find who you're looking for.
Ma Te Wa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 June, 2005 8:42 pm

Working

Please Login or Register