Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

tamakaikino  

RSS
Scotty OWC
(@scotty-owc)

Hi All.
I,m looking for information on tamakaikino my great granmother is a decendant of his and i am trying to find out his iwi and his decendants if you can help cheers.

Posted : 27 April, 2006 6:25 pm
Kaye-Kaye OWC
(@kaye-kaye-owc)

Kia Ora Scotty
It helps if you could narrow down the ingoa (name) to a specific area or region, that way it would help others to help you.

Just curious, Could your great grandmother be of Tuhoe descent?

Kaye-Kaye

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 May, 2006 9:41 am
clivet
(@clivet)

Tamakaikino is associated with the 'Children of the Rainbow' Uenuku of Waimarino - Raetihi. Mount Ruapehu. A large number of people from Ngati Tamakana, Ngati Rangi, Ngati Tukaiora, Ngati Rangirotea, Ngati Takirau, Ngati Rangiahuta, Ngati Ruakopiri are associated with this Tipuna in some way.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 May, 2006 8:36 pm
Kaye-Kaye OWC
(@kaye-kaye-owc)

Kia Ora
That is very interesting as my good friend was born there she is from the Tonihi Whanau they were plentiful back in the 70's but had dispersed out in to the surrounding region through the shearing gangs. I also spent some of my childhood in Ohakune and had watched the township of Raetihi turn into a ghost town practically, it was sad to see a lot of people are not there anymore.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 May, 2006 12:03 pm
clivet
(@clivet)

The Tonihi Te Iwimate whanau from Ngahuia Moke Te Oro & Tonihi (Tony) Te Iwimate now number over 750. It's true that for work the families moved on all over the country. A large crowd under aunty Rita Cribb & uncle Alex Tonihi reside in flaxmere now. It's a pity that of the thousands of acres that the families of Raetihi own, because it's tied up in land litigation & doc etc, that we can't live back in Raetihi and work the land.

The fact is the a land process is active at the moment in Raetihi. Under the National Park Hearings week scheduled for Sun 14th - Fri 19th May 2006. The powhiri is to be held at Mangamingi Marae on 14th May at 3pm in Raetihi with the remainder of the court sessions being held from Mon 15th - Fri 19th at Te Puke Marae (Pa Hill) Raetihi. All are welcome, for we need as many of the whanau there as possible to demand the return of our lands.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 May, 2006 2:17 pm
Scotty OWC
(@scotty-owc)

Hi All i have some more info of some whakapapa as follows
Thomas Adamson Married Nika waiata
Heading Waiata Kuiraikuira,Turuhira Waiata
1 Adopted Son Named Davis who was killed in the 1st world war they lived in Wanganui
Then they Adopted a Girl Named Maraea who married someone called Oxley?
Then they had a son called Rufus Gilbert who Married Jean Beard andf they had a son called Mai who i thing lived in Taurua
That,s all i have on them so far.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 May, 2006 7:45 pm
Share: