Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Tamehana / Thompson. Gerry. Dead Father from Paihiatua. I'm looking for any whanau  

RSS
Theo12 OWC
(@theo12-owc)

kia ora,
Theona here. I was born 12.10.1963 @ Dannivirke. My mother was a party girl. Therese?. My father Gerry died 1964 car accident? He was a shearer & I think he was working near Dannivirke but came from Paihiatua. Gerry was told by Therese that she was hapu (with me) but by the time they found each other again I was already addopted out of whanau. I have been trying to find any of my dads whanau & hope that there maybe someone out there who might be able to help.
Thanks heaps
ka kite

Posted : 17 January, 2006 1:20 pm
tajaman OWC
(@tajaman-owc)

Hi, I am looking for Thompsons/Tamehana too, from anywhere round the Hawkes Bay area...any links to Mauriceville?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 April, 2006 3:38 pm
Jolan OWC
(@jolan-owc)

kia Ora Theo12. I can help you. Your dad was a brother to my mum. So Kia Ora my cuz.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 March, 2007 1:08 pm
Theo12 OWC
(@theo12-owc)

Kia ora whanau,
Thanks to this site, I have been found. For 40 odd years I had been searching but had never had much luck then out of the blue someone read my post and can you belive it but within 20mins of me reading the email we were madly texting and the next day I rang my Aunty Bev.
For me, knowing that my dads whanau knew about me and my birth and adoption helped me heaps. They even have a photo of me with my birth mother, I will finally be able to see what my dad looks like.
My dad was one of about 18 - 20 children.
I now know my Waka and Marae and can't wait until I make the hikoi back to Wanganui to met them all.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 March, 2007 9:53 am
Share: