Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TANA WHANAU/NGATIHINE TRIBE  

Page 1 / 3
  RSS
nikki_tana OWC
(@nikki_tana-owc)

TANA WHANAU/AND INFO ON THE NGATIHINE IWI

Kia ora tatou i am looking for any relatives at all from Ngati Hine whose last names are Tana.Also if your marae is Porowini or Otiria could you please tell me your waka and hapu.
I have never met any whanau i te taha o toku papa.
My grandfathers name is Hone Tana and my grandmother is Kuini Tana.
I believe they are from the northland area.Mehemea he korero tau e pa ana ki toku whanau please dont hesitate to email me. Even if its a name Kei te pai.

Posted : 26 July, 2005 7:57 pm
moaner252 OWC
(@moaner252-owc)

Kia ora e hoa! Was wondering if you could help me? A fredn of mine is tryna contact one of her mates from uni.... shares a similar surname to you.

His name is Syd Tana or Sid Tana. He's about 46 now and has a wife and kids. Used to live in Matauri Bay in the early 90's. Had a slightly "infamous" brother that lived in Moerewa.

Any information is helpful and more than appreciated!

Kia ora rawa atu koe!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 August, 2005 10:32 pm
nikki_tana OWC
(@nikki_tana-owc)

I dont Have any idea where any of my Tana Whanau are sorry e hoa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 September, 2005 6:40 pm
rubyat OWC
(@rubyat-owc)

Kia ora Nikki.I am from Moerewa and there are 3 whanau in our little town that have the same surname but r not related as far as I know.My grandfather's name is Rae Hone Tana lived and is from up in Pokapu then later built his home in Opua where he lived til he died.Our marae is Porowini in Otiria.In that family he had 6 siblings Mika,Pae,Ellen,Marama,Keri,Meri who is my mum.Do your grandparents live up in Ohaewai and if so we are related it will b that ur grandfather & my mother r 1st cousins.can I ask who r ur parents?
I hope u keep in touch Ka kite Ruby

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 September, 2005 9:45 am
Kina
 Kina
(@kina)
Eminent Member

Netana Hone Tana,born 14 Nov 1914 at Parirau Ruawai.Died 1968,Father Hone Tana, Mother Keti Mata Paora,They also used the name Dunn.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 September, 2005 10:38 am
poutuedwards
(@poutuedwards)
Eminent Member

Kia ora Nikki Tana,
As I was browsing I kept coming back to your thread, and its because of the name. Honetana or in this case Hone Tana he had about 10+ children, to Keti Mata Paora. Julia, Pita, Te Tauru, Riki, Piripiri, Rihi, Te Mihinga, Ameri Mabel, Mereana, Eva, Netana, and Nellie are the names I found at family group records, trying to research some info on my own Honetana tupuna ko Tokomauri Pungarehu Honetana. Look up www.familysearch.org and type in your tupuna surname. Another one is www.surnamenavigator.org, it goes to the same place.
Good luck in your search.

peaceful regard
Jacqui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 September, 2005 5:46 pm
janemm2005 OWC
(@janemm2005-owc)

Hi Niki,
look dunno if this will help but....my mother Margaret (Heni) was a Tana from Moerewa, grew up in Orauta/Otiria...she has a twin sister called Rose...I'm pretty sure they must be related to you in some way or other...contact me if you like and I'll tell you what I know...
ka kite
Jane

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 September, 2005 10:28 pm
winnie field OWC
(@winnie-field-owc)

KIA ORA NIKKI,
MY SISTER-IN-LAW IS TRUDY TANA FROM OHAIWAI,SAHE HAS A SISTER KUINI,MAYBE SHE IS A NAMESAKE.WILL CONTACT TRUDY AND GET BACK TO YOU.
KA KITE FOR NOW
WINNIE

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 November, 2005 1:39 pm
jovarn OWC
(@jovarn-owc)

my name is jovarn matthews. my grandparents are hone tana and kuini tana (nee cassidy.)they live in ohaeawai, northland and hav lotsa kids!!!i dont know them in age order but theres all my uncles....koti(maungaturoto), kevin(perth), marshall(papamoa), wally(Melbourne), johnny(ohaeawai), mack(mount Gambier, oz)watson (deceased) robbie(whangarei) and all my aunties....queenie(papakura/takanini/manurewa, auckland) trudy(manurewa), cissy(papatoetoe), rebecca(moerewa), delwyn(sydia)(kaikohe), i think theres someone else but i cant remember and my mum is cathy and dad is paul matthews.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 March, 2006 4:22 pm
tfield OWC
(@tfield-owc)

quote:

TANA WHANAU/AND INFO ON THE NGATIHINE IWI

Kia ora tatou i am looking for any relatives at all from Ngati Hine whose last names are Tana.Also if your marae is Porowini or Otiria could you please tell me your waka and hapu.
I have never met any whanau i te taha o toku papa.
My grandfathers name is Hone Tana and my grandmother is Kuini Tana.
I believe they are from the northland area.Mehemea he korero tau e pa ana ki toku whanau please dont hesitate to email me. Even if its a name Kei te pai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 May, 2006 11:24 pm
tfield OWC
(@tfield-owc)

Kiora Nikki,

Yes the above are all whanau, Nanny Rae Honetana is your Great grandfather, and Hone Honetana is your grandfather, my loving brother is your loving father, Michael and your mum Aroha, have snt you a personal reply.

Have found another lost neice, welcome home

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 May, 2006 11:34 pm
frewrobyn OWC
(@frewrobyn-owc)

hi i have the book from nz that aunty did & its on hone and keti mata paora and their 13 children. my grandmother was the 3rd youngest nira[nellie]contact me if interested.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 May, 2006 4:33 pm
shoogydoogy OWC
(@shoogydoogy-owc)

HEY THERE
I HAVE A UNCLE NAMED HONE TANA FROM OHAEWAI-SADLY HE PASSED AWAY A FEW DAYS AGO, MAY HE REST IN PEACE. I CANT REMEMBER HIS WIFES NAME AS I HAVENT SEEN THEM IN YEARS,BUT HE HAS A FEW DAUGHTERS KUINI, REBECCA, TRUDY AND SONS NAME KOTI THATS ALL I CAN REMEMBER AS I SAID I WAS ONLY A CHILD WHEN I LAST SAW THEM. GOOD LUCK!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 July, 2006 1:34 pm
shoogydoogy OWC
(@shoogydoogy-owc)

JUST OUT OF INTEREST MY UNCLE HONE'S SIBLINGS NAMES MIGHT RING A BELL. MIND YOU THESE ARE THE ONLY ONES I CAN REMEMBER THEY ARE: MUFFY, PUMO,AMELIA OR MIRIA, AND HAKI ALL TANA'S FROM [POKAPU]-MOEREWA. AND THEN THERE IS MY BIOLOGICAL FAMILY MY DADS NAME MEHAKA-[MIKA],MUMS IS HAKA NEE TIPENE, MY SIBLINGS ARE CHARLIE BOY, KITTY, BUBBY, RANGI, ANI, PAE, ISSAC,MAIHI,SYD,BRONWEN AND MAKOARE-[MILK]. HOPE THIS HELPS, IF NOT WE MAYBE ABLE TO HELP EACH OTHER OUT IN SOME WAY. CHEERS!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 July, 2006 1:52 am
karlight OWC
(@karlight-owc)

Yes, sadly Gramps passed away recently. Nana Tanas name is Kuini. I remember Nikki from when we were young children, your brothers are Whare Joe and James (im not sure if there have been any more since the last time i saw your family). We have a VERY BIG family! And something i discovered at the tangi was that our surname is actually Honetana. Gramps was Hone Honetana, but somewhere along the line it became Tana. I was talking to Nana Tana, and she told me Nanny Rae was actually gramps' uncle not father, his father was nanny Raes brother (cant remember his name). Will ask her about it again next time i go up there though!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 July, 2006 1:20 am
Page 1 / 3
Share: