Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TANERAU/TANIRAU  

RSS
janice tanerau OWC
(@janice-tanerau-owc)

Kia Ora Whanau,
I am looking for any info about my koro on my fathers side, my fathers name is Te Otinga Tanerau son of Erueti Tanerau, my grandfather married Harata/Charlotte Rogan/Rokena from Ratana Pa.
My grandfather died at an early age leaving behind 5 chlidren and to my understanding he is linked with Tuwharetoa.
Any information that will help me will be appreciated.

Regards,
Janice

Posted : 25 June, 2005 6:36 am
Teremoana OWC
(@teremoana-owc)

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy it's me Teri. I'm living in Alice Springs, Australia, been in Aussie for 4 yrs now and been in the Alice since Dec 2003. Temo is here too, also his daughter Kuiama and his youngest son Julian. Rangi just moved here in the last few months. Are you still in Whanganui or out at the Pa? I was told you had moved overseas to Hungary??
This is my address in Aussie.

T.M.Davey,
4/56 Bradshaw Drive,
Alice Springs,
NT 0870,
Australia.

Ph: 0061 8 8952 7903
Mob: 0061 413500081

Temo is well, he's just spent about a year out bush working in an Aboriginal community as a Reconnect Officer. He was working with Petrol sniffers and so on.I will give you his home number and his mobile as well.

Temo Ponga
Ph:0061 8 8953 7608
Mob:0061 401854601

I have to go now so Janice what a surprise. Fenton is moving to London soon, early next year I think he said. He is still working for Mana Maori Media and you should be able to contact him there.
Take care Jan
Aroha tino nui
Na Tere

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 September, 2005 6:21 pm
janice tanerau OWC
(@janice-tanerau-owc)

Kia ora e hoa,
Its been a while..............good to have contact with you again!
Is Fenton in London now or is he still in Aucks?
Big hug to Temo and whanau?
email is juto1966@hotmail.com.......mob:0047 97408195 please dont forget norway is about 12 hours behind Aussy so if you ring bear in mind..he..he.
Nga manaakitanga kia koe me to whanau...
Hopefully see you in Whanganui again some time.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 September, 2005 2:50 am
joanna OWC
(@joanna-owc)

Hi there. My name is Joanna Huru. My mothers name is Maryanne Manukau her mother is Maraea rogan a sister to Charllote. I only met out of all the brothers and sisters of your grandmothers side uncle murdoch. I belive we are of the same family. My mother just said that your grandparents were in the Mangamuka area the last time she heard. I'm a bit unclear of everything at the moment as she was on her way out. My grandmother Maraea married a Manukau from Arapaoa thats in Kaipara. It would be nice to catch up and compare notes as I have no information regarding my mums side as she dosen't remember too much. I hope to hear from you soon. Until then cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 December, 2006 9:09 am
Lynette Palmer OWC
(@lynette-palmer-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora Whanau,
I am looking for any info about my koro on my fathers side, my fathers name is Te Otinga Tanerau son of Erueti Tanerau, my grandfather married Harata/Charlotte Rogan/Rokena from Ratana Pa.
My grandfather died at an early age leaving behind 5 chlidren and to my understanding he is linked with Tuwharetoa.

Regards,
Janice

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 February, 2007 2:55 pm
Lynette Palmer OWC
(@lynette-palmer-owc)

Hi just became a member so I hope this is not too late.
Your grandfather was the son of Hingaia (nee Tauteka) look at the Ngati Whaoa website, which has original tribe, Tuwharetoa in the Reporoa area. Hingaia's father was Wi Tauteka, her brother Whareki was my great grandfather. From Maori court records, there was about 7 brothers and sisters, if you want I can get you their names. Do a search on google for Tauteka, you will learn a lot

LYnette Palmer

ia Ora Whanau,

Regards,
Janice
[/quote]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 February, 2007 3:06 pm
Share: