Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

TAPARA, Family (I want to learn my history)  

Page 1 / 4 Next
Shannii OWC
(@shannii-owc)

Hi i am interested in learning about my maori culture but im not sure where to start. I would like to find out my maunga, awa, iwi, hapu, marae and waka for a start. So anyone who can point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it. The only things i know is my last name was Tapara before i got married and i belong to Te Arawa in Rotorua i think.
PLEASE HELP ME!!

Edited by - pearlau on Mar 09 2005 3:07:20 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 November, 2004 6:49 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora Shannii

I know that there is a whanau of Tapara from the Waikato, around the Huntly / Ngaruawahia area.

Maybe if you give us your parents name (on the Tapara side) that would also help.

Good luck and don't ever give up!

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 November, 2004 9:31 pm
Shannii OWC
(@shannii-owc)

My dads name is Bruce Taukiri Herekuiha Tapara and his mothers name was Barbara Tapara and his fathers name was Nick Tapara. Thats about all i know. Oh and they are from Aria. I think they lived there their whole life but im not sure.

Edited by - Shannii on Nov 24 2004 3:59:39 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 November, 2004 3:58 pm
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Kia ora Shanni,Your tupuna Nick Tapara is from Otorohanga. Nehenehenui Otewa, and Rereamanu Marae which is opposite the Waitomo Golf course. Nick still has cousins alive and living in Otorohanga. I am not sure of phone numbers or addresses but I can give you some names. They are Don Tapara, he is a contractor, and Victor Tapara also in Otorohanga. Goodluck

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 December, 2004 6:23 pm
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Kia ora ano Shanni I forgot to say if you need some whakapapa I will be happy to share. I was adopted out of the Tapara whanau and adopted by a natural grandaunt who kept me in touch with my natural parents.Nick and my natural father first cousins. Na Y2ranga

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 December, 2004 6:36 pm
Shannii OWC
(@shannii-owc)

Thanks i am really interested in finding out who my family are and everything so anything anyone can tell me i am interested in. Contact me sometime soon. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 December, 2004 3:29 pm
My Island Home OWC
(@my-island-home-owc)

Kia Ora Shanni

I do not belong to the Tapara family but I have a friend whose family are the Tapara family.

Her mum married a Peterson, and he is a pakeha, I thought maybe you may know them.

My Island Home

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 December, 2004 11:23 am
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Shanni you can contact me at p.turu@xtra.co.nz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 December, 2004 11:30 am
Shannii OWC
(@shannii-owc)

Hey just wanted to say merry christmas to those of you who have helped me and may the new year be great for all, and hopefully my quest for info will start on a roll. Thanks to those who have replied.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 December, 2004 5:04 pm
maorigurl_18 OWC
(@maorigurl_18-owc)

Kia Ora kare,
Im just writing to tell you that I am a Tapara from Rereamanu Marae, my father is very clued on the whakapapa of the Tapara whanau so if you would like to contact me you can email me at: butah_b@hotmail.com and we can go from there, looking forward to helping you out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 December, 2004 1:48 am
Shannii OWC
(@shannii-owc)

I also wanted to know whether my grandfather Nick Tapara is alive or not, i know my grandmother died back in 99, and he had had a couple of strokes but i havent heard anything since so if anyone knows anything about that that would be great. Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 January, 2005 1:12 pm
maorigurl_18 OWC
(@maorigurl_18-owc)

kia ora ano,
have u been to rereamanu marae? if u r to go there ask for a man by the name of alec he might no of ur grandparents especially if they r from rereamanu marae, i hope i can help you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 January, 2005 12:21 am
Shannii OWC
(@shannii-owc)

I live in australia which is why it is hard to learn anything so that is why I have turned to the net so anything i can do will have to be by the net.
Sorry.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 January, 2005 1:37 pm
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Hi Shanni I will try to get an answer for you regarding your grandfather. In the meantime its nice to know that you know who your grandfather is and that you are trying to find out more.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 January, 2005 12:24 pm
Shannii OWC
(@shannii-owc)

Thanks, i am very grateful for the people helping me. An as I always say anything is of great help to me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 January, 2005 1:22 pm
Page 1 / 4 Next

Working

Please Login or Register