Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TAPARA, Family (I want to learn my history)  

Page 2 / 4
  RSS
Shannii OWC
(@shannii-owc)

quote:

Thanks, i am very grateful for the people helping me. An as I always say anything is of great help to me.

I have a cousin called Michelle Tapara who last i saw had a two year old daughter and that was a bout six years ago, if anyone knows how i can get in contact with her.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 January, 2005 3:21 pm
NANA-LEE
(@nana-lee)

Hi Shanni Im new here and i saw your post, I too live in Australia, I have very good friends who are Taparas and they live in Australia also they are very clued up on their maoritanga and heritage, if you would like to know more about them you can email me on whiskeyhotel@eftel.com.au
I know this is months out I hope you get to see this. Cheers from Whiskey aka Leeanne Rangi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 May, 2005 11:55 pm
jode OWC
(@jode-owc)

Kia ora shannii,

My whanau are Tapara's. I also am in Australia (adelaide) I can maybe help you out if you are still trying to find out email me at sparnonwhanau@bigpond.com.au or you can ring me on 0405425520 anytime

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 May, 2005 2:43 am
huck OWC
(@huck-owc)

Kia ora shanii, I may be able to help with your search for your Tupuna. My whanau is from Aria and know many Tapara from the district. If you still need help finding your whanau please contact me at: m.young@hotmail.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 May, 2005 10:59 pm
Piggy OWC
(@piggy-owc)

Kia Ora Shanni

Your marae is Rereamanu yes the Tapara name come from Otorohanga,there is Uncle Don,Uncle Victor,Uncle Alex and the old girl they are your grandfather cousins and i am a Tapara too.my grandgrandfather is Whare Hotu and his borther is Ngoro Hotu the Hotu and Tapara we are one whanau,your dad bruce is my 2nd cousin and you be my neices i'll give you some numbers you can ring 1 is Uncle Don Tapara its 078737021 all ring Lynn Green she your anuty on 078785191 and tell them who you are and your grandfather is Nick and you what to no about your Whakapapa and ask about your grandfather is he still alive ok i think Lynn is holding on to some Reunion books just ask her there a start for you i hope this will help you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 June, 2005 5:30 pm
kimikimi
(@kimikimi)

Kia Ora Shanii, Rereamanu Marae is in between Otorohanga and Te Kuiti. An historic place for Maniapoto people. The Tapara whanau are well known and have wide association with Te Kuiti, Waitomo, Otorohanga area. Ask anyone in that area and they will point you towards Rereamanu. It is a very big family and so you need never consider yourself alone. I see that Pat Turu has already contacted you. She would be a font of information so I encourage you to contact her otherwise you can contact me at gloria.s@xtra.co.nz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 June, 2005 2:45 pm
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Kia ora ano Shanni, I am waiting for my nephew to text me Michelle's address, he has Michelle's whanau living with him in Te Kuiti. I will pass it on as soon as I get it. Aroha Mai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 June, 2005 11:37 pm
Shannii OWC
(@shannii-owc)

I am so grateful for all of your help and am looking forward to hearing some information from you all.
Thank you so much.
I knew i had family but didnt realise how big it was.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 August, 2005 3:59 pm
Shannii OWC
(@shannii-owc)

I was speaking with my father on Saturday and he informed me that my Grandmother, Barbaras maiden name, was Herekuia, so if anyone has any information on this part of my heritage i would also greatly appreciate it, i would love to hear from people in that whanau also.
Thank you.

Edited by - Shannii on Aug 25 2005 2:53:00 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 August, 2005 2:51 pm
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Kia ora ano Shanni I am sorry that I have not contacted you sooner, your granddad is alive and still lives in Aria. I do not have a phone number for him or an address but when I go south I will try to get an address for you. If you email me at p.turu@xtra.co.nz I will attach some whakapapa to you.Michelle belongs to Uncle Victor Tapara and we are not sure if she is here in NZ or there in OZ. I will try to keep you up to date with any more news.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 August, 2005 5:24 pm
Chelle OWC
(@chelle-owc)

Hi Shanni, I am Michelle Tapara. To all the people who posted replies especially Y2ranga. I do not belong to Victor Tapara he is my grandfathers brother. I am the mokopuna of Nick and Barbara Tapara, thanks for people who think they know me but dont. I am still living in NZ and I have no idea where you got the idea I was Victors. I have all the whakapapa our Nana who by the way got it from Aunty Tui and I will fill in the gaps for you. I can be contacted xstac@free.net.nz Our family house in Aria is still standing and Poppa still lives there along with his daughter who lives up the road from him. If you want further information please email me and I will fill in the rest.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 August, 2005 12:57 pm
Chelle OWC
(@chelle-owc)

First of all let me apologize for sounding angry. I just realised that there are other Michelle Tapara's out there but I am the one that you are looking for. Your dad is Bruce and the last time we saw him was at our Nans funeral. He was staying with the youngest brother Brian before flying back to Oz. I at the time lived in Papatoetoe with my mum your dads sister Jo. I can name all the brothers and three sisters plus all my cousins as people say I am the link to Aria for them as I was the last one Nan and Poppa brought up. Oh by the way how are my cousins Latoya, Hoani, Joshua and Lucy if I remember rightly had the nick name Petal? or something to that affect? Please email me and I will let you know the rest. Especially about the Herekuia family and Nana Mae is still alive (Nana's step mother).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 August, 2005 1:08 pm
y2ranga
(@y2ranga)

Aroha mai I have just spoken with Susan who thought you were in OZ, I did ask after Michelle and that was what she said yesterday, unless there is another one called Michelle, that, I am not aware of. Edward who was in OZ also said the same, so I must apologise to Michelle 1 and 2. I am pleased that there is a response as up to yesterday I was still looking for Michelle.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 August, 2005 6:11 pm
Chelle OWC
(@chelle-owc)

Yes there are other Michelle Tapara's out there. As well I have had a few problems with identifying myself as who I am LOL. But it has all worked out fine and if you would like I could ring up my grandfather, who is Victor's younger brother and ask around if you like. I know of some Tapara's in the Waiuku and Port Waikato region and will be will to help if I could have more information about any Tapara's that you are looking for. You can email me with any requests on xstac@free.net.nz and I will ask my Grandfather Te Huri 'Nick' Tapara.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 September, 2005 8:32 am
ash88 OWC
(@ash88-owc)

hey shannii...this is your cousin ashleigh here, your aunty jennys daughter. Michelle let me know of this and i thought id get in touch with you.I know about as much about our family as possible and i would like to try to get you in touch with all of us as much as possible

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 September, 2005 9:51 pm
Page 2 / 4
Share: