Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

TAURANGA: Finding whakapapa  

ngatauranga OWC
(@ngatauranga-owc)

I'm trying to look for my whakapapa of Tauranga's side because I just found out that I have great step grandfather. his last name was Tauranga. My grandfather's name was Ioane Tauranga Pakoti. Please help me?????????

Edited by - poutokomanawa on Mar 07 2005 10:21:43 PM

Edited by - pearlau on Mar 09 2005 2:58:33 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 January, 2005 9:26 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora ngatauranga,

If you go to http://www.familysearch.org and search for the surname Tauranga and set the country to New Zealand, you will get quite a few results. You will need to go through these to see which ones are your whanau.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on.

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 February, 2005 3:31 pm
ngatauranga OWC
(@ngatauranga-owc)

I've tried that but I don't know what my step great grandfather's first name.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 February, 2005 12:39 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora ano,

You could try searching for your great grandmother who married your great step grandfather in the familysearch site as the record may be there with his name. Search by the maiden name of your great grandmother first, then if no results, you can always try searching for the married names.

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
Together we will get there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 February, 2005 12:48 pm
ngatauranga OWC
(@ngatauranga-owc)

Kia Ora

ReplyQuote