Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TAUTAU, Moana Nui A Kiwa  

RSS
VJ OWC
(@vj-owc)

Hello!
Wanting to find out about my grandmothers brother Moana Nui a Kiwa Tautau. I know he married Phyllis Raroa but that is all I know. My grandmothers name was Mattie Broughton (Tautau) I am unsure of their mothers name but their fathers name was also Moana Nui a Kiwa Tautau. Even information on the Tautau family would be great.

Cheers

Posted : 17 April, 2006 2:40 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Kia ora,

If you go to familysearch.org and then to the search, putting Tautau in the last name and setting the country to New Zealand you will find alot of records with the Tautau surname, including Moananui A Kiwa Tautau.

Not: not all info at that site is correct, but it is a good place to start

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 June, 2006 4:29 pm
Nga Hau e Wha OWC
(@nga-hau-e-wha-owc)

Hello I have put in the name Paratene and Broughton in maori.org and it has come up with a posting you made.

My Great Grandmother is Roka Hone Hinga and her brother is Paratene Hone Hinga.

I have seen the name Paratene being searched in the forums but could not make a connection until a relative said today the name Paratene is in our family as a first name because in the past this was the way names were passed down by Maori from each generation.

The father of
Paratene Hone Hinga
was
Hone Tiwhi Paratene
who married
Akiniki Waata Mohi.

Akinihi's parents were

Waata Mohi
Roka Karaparapa

My Gt Grandmonther Roka Hone Hinga married Heteraka Henare and finally settled at Unahi Rd, Waimononi, where she passed away in 1959.

Paratene Hone Hinga married Maata Paneere and also lived at Unahi Rd with their family.

I have been told the family have ties at Ahipara, Oturu, Waimononi and Pakohou. If you can link us to your Paratene line that would be great. Awaiting you reply with anticiaption.

~ I am but a babe still drinking milk. Tell me when will I know to stand as a kauri? ~

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 July, 2006 1:30 am
Hinga Whanau
(@hinga-whanau)

Nga Hou E Wha,

Just wondering if you can post information about the Broughton whanau either somewhere here or to my email address hinga2@optusnet.com.au. Just trying to find the connection here. But I am hoping for more information about the Broughtons as well.

Regards

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 July, 2006 11:52 pm
Nga Hau e Wha OWC
(@nga-hau-e-wha-owc)

The name above Moana Nui a Kiwa is interesting. There is a person submitting in the LDS records as Moana N A K Anaru c/o NZ Temple Pvt Bag 3003 Hamilton. It looks more than coincidence.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 July, 2006 2:56 pm
VJ OWC
(@vj-owc)

Sorry, I posted this a long time ago and I haven't been checking the forums.

At this point in time I dont have that much information about the Broughton side of my family. The Broughton family that I am referring to are from the East Cape. Somewhere down the line the Paratene name was changed to Broughton. I do know of two Broughton brothers that settled here in New Zealand, however they are no relation.

I am waiting on more information from a family member that could be of a lot of help to us all (I hope)

Cheers 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 July, 2006 9:16 pm
davidgrace OWC
(@davidgrace-owc)

Kia ora VJ,

I take it you have been in contact with Sunlight who would be able to help you in regard to your inquiry.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 December, 2006 3:41 pm
Share: