Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Tauteka, Henare Wi  

RSS
kitayz-taiwhanga
(@kitayz-taiwhanga)

Looking for any whanau connections to Wi Henare Tauteka-father of Hera Maraea Tauteka (Hera Ngamoni, Hera Henare)who was my grandmother

Posted : 01 September, 2005 2:14 pm
manarurawhe OWC
(@manarurawhe-owc)

Kia ora taku whanaunga, I have some info regarding Henare Wi Tauteka Who is my Great Great Grandfather.Henare was born about 1853 Towai, Northland and lived at a place named Motatau died 29 july 1937 his wifes name was Maraea Atimana Motu Wharerau born 1857 Towai but dont Know When she died.She supposedly married Henare between 1873-1877 my whanau say but not to sure e hoa.To my knowledge Henare and Maraea had 10 Tamariki .

Post you some more info soon.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 December, 2006 11:08 am
manarurawhe OWC
(@manarurawhe-owc)

Its me again e hoa manarurawhe,Those 10 tamariki were.

1) Ngahuia Henare Tauteka my GG Grandmother born 1878.

2)Ripeka Tauteka born 1879

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 December, 2006 11:16 am
manarurawhe OWC
(@manarurawhe-owc)

3)Pae Matire Tauteka (aka)Te-Pae-ki-Tawhiti born 1880.
4)Erina Tauteka born 16 may 1881-sometime 1945.
5)Turama Tauteka born 1882.
6)Hera maraea Tauteka born 1883.
7)Hana Tauteka born 1884.
8)Mo tauteka born 1885.
9)Te Ruhukura Tauteka born 1886.
10)Maraea Tapua Tauteka born 1891-26 November 1976.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 December, 2006 11:29 am
manarurawhe OWC
(@manarurawhe-owc)

The father of Henare is Te Whatahoro of Ngati Tuwharetoa Taupo area. but my whakapapa told to me by my grandmother,father and uncles, says our Tauteka roots are originally from The Southisland in a place named Rangiora, canterbury. My whanau have whenua in Northland and the house that my grandmother grew up in Bore the name Rangiora.

Te Whatahoro married a lady named Hine of ngati Hine/Ngapuhi and later became Known as Hinehoro on marriage to him.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 December, 2006 11:44 am
manarurawhe OWC
(@manarurawhe-owc)

Sorry Whanau I said in One of my comments that Ngahuia Tauteka was my GG Grandmother I actually meant to say my G Grandmother my Nans Mother.

Kia ora ra koutou katoa.

Mana Rurawhe.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 December, 2006 3:57 pm
Rerekahu OWC
(@rerekahu-owc)

kia ora nga whanaunga. i am a mokopuna of erina tauteka who married mau matene mangu of tekau i mua, ngati hineamaru. recently on a trip to wellington i was able to link up with whanau from ngati tuwharetoa after mentioning my tauteka line and they invited myself and the group i was travelling with back to turangi. on arrival in turangi we were taken to tokaanu to the hot springs. on the left handside of the hot springs is a puke with a waahi tapu. there i was told is where the bones of our tupuna tauteka lay. they were brought back from waitotara by mananui te heuheu to taupo. so if you ever get a chance to stop of in turangi go to the maori arts and crafts store and say kia ora to our whanaunga ngaehe wanikau and his hoa rangatira hinemoa wanikau.

our hapu in tokaanu is ngati karauia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 June, 2007 1:53 pm
Hau Tonga
(@hau-tonga)

Tena ra koutou taku nei whanaunga
no Tuwharetoa - me Hineamaru hoki - !

My mother was ( I believe ) the youngest daughter of Mo ( Morehu ) Tauteka ( aka Joseph/Hohepa Tauteka ) and Ema Komene Hemara. One of seven that I know of.Mums name was Neta Rose Te Aroha.
Mo/Joseph/Hohepa Tauteka passed 11.08.44
Ema Komene Hemara passed 20.07.34
Mums paternal grandfather was Henare Wi ( Wiremu ) Tauteka who had six that I know of to a Maraea Atimana Motu Wharerau ( aka Maria Wharerau ).
Henare Wi Tauteka passed 29.07.27
Henare Wi Tauteka's father was Wi ( Wiremu ) Whatahoro Tauteka - he married Hinekoro.

My mother and her siblings have passed.
Most all of my cousins acknowledge Hineamaru only - as it seems that our kuia Ema Komene Hemara and Maria Wharerau before her are both of that iwi.
The Tauteka name is a name connected of course with Te Herekiekie from Tuwharetoa - for it was his father - Tauteka(2) that fell @ Waitotara and is buried in Tokaanu.
There was a Tauteka(1)who was the elder brother to Te Ao.
Te Ao was the grandfather of Tauteka (2)
I seek to be able to connect the two Tauteka that seem to have settled and married within Taitokerau and Hineamaru back to Tokaanu.
It would be good to know the parents of Wi Whatahoro Tauteka - I think that may help to get closer to connecting properly to the Ngati Te Aho hapu of Tuwharetoa.
Ka nui te mihi mahana kia koutou nga whanaunga !
Don't forget your proud Ati Haunui a Paparangi connections as well to the Wanganui. Tauteka (2) married an ariki from there ( Ngati Ruaka ) named Kahurangi(2)- it was this union with a Wanganui ariki that ensured that Te Herekiekie and his sister were spared at Waitotara and returned safely to Tuwharetoa.
Ma te atua tiaki me manaaki kia koutou katoa !

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 January, 2008 12:15 am
ORRsum
(@orrsum)

Ki Ora. Can anyone tell mě If they knows of Wi whatahoro tauteka parents? My great  grandfather Is Hohepa tauteka? My grandmother name Hine Mo Tauteka....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 March, 2019 6:26 am
Share: