Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TAWHITI, NOHOTIMA  

RSS
awhinamac OWC
(@awhinamac-owc)

KIA ORA, I AM TRYING TO FIND SOME RELATIONS.MY DAD WAS HEMI McCASKILL, HE HAD A BROTHER BILL TAWHITI AND A SISTER TANIA NOHOTIMA,SHE LIVED AT RUATOKI. LAST TIME I SAW UNCLE BILLS KIDS WAS AT HIS TANGI WHICH WAS THE LAST TIME I SAW AUNTY TANIA.PRIOR TO THAT I LAST SAW THEM BOTH AT MY DADS TANGI IN 1988 IN PAEROA.LAST I HEARD UNCLE BILLS SON DAVID WAS LIVING IN OPOTIKI. I'M NOT SURE IF BUB STILL LIVES IN GREYTOWN. I DON'T EVER RECALL MEETING ANY OF AUNTY TANIA & UNCLE CHARLIES' WHANAU BUT WOULD LIKE TO TRACK THEM ALL DOWN WHEN I MOVE BACK TO NZ SOON.I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP. THANX VERY MUCH.
CHERIxxx

Posted : 31 January, 2008 1:01 am
gardr OWC
(@gardr-owc)

Tena Koe, My Name is Reuben Gardiner a Mokopuna of Tania Tinikoihara Nohotima (nee Tawhiti). J just saw your posting and I thought I'll give you a little heads up on who your Aunty Tania's Whanau is. Prior to marrying Koro Charlie, she had three other daughters. The eldest being Alpha "Chick" Brown (formerly Muggeridge), her adopted children are Trevor and Maria. Carol Tawhiti who married Don Tawhiti, her children are Kellie (Mother of Tamara and Shalom), Lyndon and Graham. And Liane Gardiner (nee Stanley)who married Moses (Moihi) Gardiner from here in Tauranga (my late father), her children are Gene Te Karehana Stanley (father of Tamiah Maumahara), Myself Reuben Moihi, my younger brother Aaron Paura Horomona and my sister Kiri-Jo Te Rangimarie (mother of Alyiah Marekura). My mothers younger siblings (in order of age) are:
- Wiremu
- Bella
- Aihi
- Ani
- Tuhitare (Charlie)
- Tatai
It'll take too much time to rattle of thier kids name, but they have heaps. Nan still lives in Ruatoki and is a bit of a travelling kuia, she's getting on a bit but she's all good at the moment. A bit of sad news, we lost Uncle Wayne (Uncle Bills son) to a heart attack about 4-6 months ago to a heart attack, and a few years ago we lost Uncle Bill jnr who was lost at sea when his fishing boat sank. Having said that the whanau are good and growing. I live in Tauranga, a little bit away from our whanau on Rangiwaea Island and at Otawhiwhi but not too far that i can go out and see them. I thought i'd better let you know a bit about your fathers neices and nephews. So good luck with catching up with the rest of the whanau!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 February, 2008 2:39 pm
Share: