Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TE AMOHAU  

RSS
nevada OWC
(@nevada-owc)

Tena koe, am trying to find out if there is any whanau 'out there' who can set me in the right direction. My paternal great grandmother is Aporina Te Amohau Hataraka or Hetaraka. Her parents are Hataraka Rangikihia Te Amohau and Ema Waihi. I would like to know where the name Te Amohau originates from. Would appreciate any help. And no, I have absolutely no idea of the area/district.

Posted : 11 February, 2008 7:42 pm
Korks OWC
(@korks-owc)

There is a well known Amohau whanau in Rotorua who whakapapa to Ohinemotu (TamateKapua & Tunohopu marae). In fact one of Rotorua's streets is names after this whanau. They are my close whanaunga. Hope this helps.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 February, 2008 9:45 pm
nevada OWC
(@nevada-owc)

Hi Korks, thank you very much in I hope, leading me in the right direction. Accordingly its just a puzzle that fills a miniscule of the jigsaw. I have family in Murupara who have been an enormous help in locating my Wirihana whanau (on paper of course! - haven't met in person - yet) Perhaps one day I shall indulge in this further and who knows, we may be whanau. kia ora e hoa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 February, 2008 8:54 am
whakar OWC
(@whakar-owc)

kia ora ada,i am of the amohau whanau,please contact my cousin bully biddle(R.Biddle)in the rotorua directory he can help you out

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 February, 2008 9:52 am
nevada OWC
(@nevada-owc)

a tena koe e hoa. I have just spoken to my aunty in Murupara who has given me further details and at this stage appears I'm the confused one! As she was just 'stepping out the door' I was given a quick description. Seemingly my great great grandfather went by the name of Hataraka even though Te Amohau is included in his name, which going on my great grandmother (her father) who went by the name of Aporina Te Amohau Hataraka/Hetaraka. Oh well one foot before the other eh. Thank you will keep your cousin in mind however.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 February, 2008 1:40 pm
kinaman OWC
(@kinaman-owc)

Tena koe te whanau,those tipuna playing games with you too haha, would that aunty be ema in murupara?? Iam Hahona from your nanny aporinas sister mereana, If you want e-mail me your phone number or your email address at kinaman@xtra.co.nz ka kite

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 March, 2008 4:51 pm
Share: