Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Te Atakahiramai  

RSS
dpayne
(@dpayne)

I am looking for information on my kuia - Te Atakahiramai - apparently of Wanganui. We have very little information other that her being in the Ohura South Block. She was married twice, first to a Marukai and then a Keepa. If you know anything about her, I would be grateful to hear from you.

Thanks.

Posted : 20 June, 2005 4:19 pm
poutokomanawa
(@poutokomanawa)
Trusted Member

Tena koe dlmpayne,

The Maori Land Court records have a wealth of inforamtion and as you know the block name that your kuia is in, you can find out more about her through the Maori Land Court Records.

There will be the information and testimony when her parent(s) died and she inherited shares. In that court hearing will be her siblings listed if she is not an only child.

When she died, there will be the sucession orders for her children, and the Court Hearing Records may also record the husbands and which children belong to which. If any of her children died before her but they had children, there should also be that succession.

Nau te raurau,
Naku te raurau,
Ka ora ai nga tangata!
--------------------------------
Together we will get there!
--------------------------------

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 July, 2005 7:00 pm
jasteena OWC
(@jasteena-owc)

I think I have the whakapapa you are seeking. Your kui (Te Atahikamai Ramai)was also known as Te Ata Ramari - she married Rangi Marukai (1st husband) and had two daughters, one of which is my g.g. grandmother. Her fathers name is Hirawanu

Her second husband is Mohi Te Keepa, they had 2 sons Tata Raima & Te Keepa Raima Te Ata

Which side are you from? Where do you live? You can contact me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 June, 2006 11:07 pm
dpayne
(@dpayne)

Hi Jasteena, I have just sent you an email - thanks for replying, look forward to hearing from you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 October, 2006 11:23 am
Share: