Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TE KEETI aka GATES  

RSS
Dealz OWC
(@dealz-owc)

Kia Ora

I am looking on behalf of my partner for anyone from the above Whanau.

My partner was adpoted 30 or so years ago. He was born originally into the Te Keeti whanau, his fathers name is Jackson Te Keeti (known as Jackie) from Tauranga.

It states on his records that he spent the first few months of his life with his paternal aunty in Te Puke, i think (not 100% on that one, its that place outside of Tauranga).

We have made contact with some people, however we haven't confirmed if they are related or not as nothing eventuated out the conversations we have had.

The people have spoken to are Stephen Te Keeti from New Plymouth, his father is Roy Te Keeti, who lives down in Nelson i think. And his daughter is Catherine who lives in Hamilton.

From the conversation that i had with Roys wife this is a big family, that is assuming that it is the same family we are searching!

Apparently the grandmother had 20 + children, and i think they are the same whanau as Gates.

not too sure if any of this information is correct, but if anyone knows of any information that might be able to help us on our search it would be greatly appreciated!

Kia ora ra

Posted : 26 January, 2007 4:49 pm
Chrssy OWC
(@chrssy-owc)

Hi, I may have some interesting information for you, re Jackson Te Keeti. My father's name is Joe Gates from Wairoa marae, Bethlehem, Tauranga. He is a cousin of Jack Te Keeti who now goes under Haki Gates. Jack lives in Wainuiomata

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 April, 2007 8:19 pm
Share: