Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Te Rore,Whakarongotai  

RSS
tarati OWC
(@tarati-owc)

Kiaora whanau where ever you may be. My name is Tarati Leanne Heta my Grandmother was Whakarongotai Te Rore my koro Tewano/Bill Heta/Adams. What I know of thru dad my Ben Heta is my nanny ended up in Auckland city somewhere. My aunt Katy and dad were full blood and when nanny left on the way aunty Marera was born I dont know much bout my nan and where or what she done in her life. My Great Nanny Kino looked after my dad and aunt my nanny Kino was a Dunn on great koro side our tupuna was Ko RAko Rako raua Mihi Te roroa oku Whaea. Our whanau are in Kaihu,just want to see if anyone knew of my nan and koro. I was only a baby but my 2 older sisters loved them heaps.

Posted : 22 April, 2006 2:36 am
hinemako OWC
(@hinemako-owc)

Check out the topic AMELIA TE RORE they are your whanau

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 April, 2006 7:00 pm
Kara Te Rore OWC
(@kara-te-rore-owc)

Hello tarati
My name is Kara Te Rore my grand mother is Amelia Te Rore. my grand mother is from Rangi Point and i think yourz is to. i thought my grand mother was from Kaihu but she wasnt it was just that my grand father (her partner) was. i wonder if you know him is name is Tono.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 April, 2006 8:33 pm
tarati OWC
(@tarati-owc)

Kia ora Kara I asked my sister last night bout Rangi Point and yes dad was up there quite a bit my dad was one of the last to take the horse across the waters from Opanoni to Pangaru my koro name was Te Wano Heta and he was from Kaihu. My Great koro was Raniera Taoho Te Rore my Great Nan was Mererina Dunn I will find out more 2moro.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 April, 2006 9:55 am
hinemako OWC
(@hinemako-owc)

aww aint it great wen ya get to unify whanau through forums

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 April, 2006 1:24 pm
tarati OWC
(@tarati-owc)

Kiaora te whansu well there have been great changes since the last korero. I think our last or surname is Taoho so our great koro was Raniera Te Rore Taoho apparently all yhese 3 names were as surnames 2nd and 1st names. I know that we had 9 grand uncles and aunties. My eldest sister has now taken up challenge. will find out more till next time.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 April, 2006 8:32 pm
tarati OWC
(@tarati-owc)

Kiaora te whanau well there have been great changes since the last korero. I think our last or surname is Taoho so our great koro was Raniera Te Rore Taoho apparently all these 3 names were as surnames 2nd and 1st names. I know that we had 9 grand uncles and aunties. My eldest sister has now taken up challenge. will find out more till next time.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 April, 2006 8:34 pm
superbee OWC
(@superbee-owc)

*Raniera Te Rore Taoho [b] 1867
1886 married
Whetu Moetara
/
Hune taoho 1887- 1950.

Fits in somewhere*

Pi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 May, 2006 11:00 pm
hinemako OWC
(@hinemako-owc)

Kia ora whanau,
Im keeping a close Karu on this forum because my neice and nefew are Te Rore from Rangi point their mother married my brother (they split now) their son is named after his Tipuna matua Te Whata Te Rore...... their mother is Oriana

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 May, 2006 9:43 pm
manukuru OWC
(@manukuru-owc)

kia ora whanau, I am Brad "Manukuru" Bodeker. From America. Mum is Norah (Hine) Matthews. Her mum was also Norah TeRore and father was Hone Matthews. Her mum died at childbirth and she was raised by Hune and Merianna TeRore of Rangi Point. I am trying to write a screenplay of my mum's life and was wondering if anyone can help with info.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 November, 2006 6:36 pm
antoinette turdeich OWC
(@antoinette-turdeich-owc)

kiaora whanau. my dad was Turoro Raniera TeRore Taoho. i live in Dargaville, and have heaps of whanau around me, why don't you's give me a call and i'll put you in touch with some1 to help you if i can't.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 June, 2007 2:26 pm
Share: