Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

TE RUKI/NGATAI/NGAPERA/HARRIS/LEAF - Researching Whakapapa  

Page 1 / 2 Next
elijahs_mum OWC
(@elijahs_mum-owc)

Kia Ora,
I am in the midst of researching my whakapapa, which includes the names Te Ruki and Ngatai from Te Kuiti and Tauranga, and Ngapera, Harris and Leaf from the Far North. I would love to hear from anyone who bears these names, or who is a descendant of any of these lines, so we can help each other learn more about our respective family lineages.
Thanks, Selina

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 April, 2005 12:48 am
Petra OWC
(@petra-owc)

Kia Ora Selina.
My brother-in-law is a Te Ruki from Te Awamutu, Te Kopua Marae. His name is Massey and he would probably be able to help you with your quest. Best of luck.
Petra

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 April, 2005 10:39 am
elijahs_mum OWC
(@elijahs_mum-owc)

Kia Ora Petra,
That's interesting because my Grandfather's name is also Massey Te Ruki, he died in 1999. It would be interesting to talk to your brother-in-law.
Thanks,
Selina

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 April, 2005 10:51 am
Te kai a te whetu OWC
(@te-kai-a-te-whetu-owc)

Kia ora Selina,
About the Harris and Leaf family i am related to both considering which Harris family you are talking about.The Harris family i know are from Waima and Taheke and the Leaf family are from Opononi and Whirinaki,originally Panguru.Contact me if you want more info.
Goodluck,

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 April, 2005 12:33 am
elijahs_mum OWC
(@elijahs_mum-owc)

Kia ora,
Yes the whanau I am looking for does come from Pangaru and I have sent you a private message regarding any help I may be able to get off you.
Thanks for your help,
Selina

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 April, 2005 7:51 pm
loupy OWC
(@loupy-owc)

Kia Ora,
There are Ngatai's from Matakana Island in Tauranga that are related to my Mum's side of the family. The Ngatai whanau is huge so you may need to break it down a bit more. There are a few Ngatai families on the island and also at Matapihi, Greerton, the Mount all over Tauranga. Do you have any names that can break it down.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 May, 2005 5:55 pm
Mata OWC
(@mata-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora Selina,
My GrandFather Te Paki, is a brother to Te Ruki & Ngatai. Our marae is Motiti, across the valley from Oparure - Te Kuiti. Hapu is Ngati Te Puta. My Dad's cousin a Ngatai went to Matakana Island and married into the Palmer family. My Father is Mahuri Paki. Massey Ruki would have more of the whakapapa.
Noho ora mai

Edited by - Mata on May 15 2005 8:36:59 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 May, 2005 8:25 pm
elijahs_mum OWC
(@elijahs_mum-owc)

Kia ora Mata,
Thank you for your reply. My Grandparents are both buried at Motiti and I know bits of both the Te Ruki and Ngatai side. Was wondering if you could email me personally so I can get a little more info off you, if possible. My email address is leighton_selina@hotmail.com.
Thanks, Selina

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 May, 2005 1:21 am
Esah OWC
(@esah-owc)

Kia Ora Selina.
My brother-in-law is a Te Ruki from Te Awamutu, Te Kopua Marae. His name is Massey and he would probably be able to help you with your quest. Best of luck.
Petra

Kia ora Petra
My name is Marissa Campbell Te Kuiti,I'm from Motiti Marae on my Mums Fathers side (Peter Pene Te Ruki) & also whakapapa to Te Kopua marae on my mums Mothers side (Dolly Taare Hill (nee Emery), just dropping aline to say kia ora to my whanau
Marissa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 May, 2005 9:38 pm
vysharn OWC
(@vysharn-owc)

kia ora, you can email me for ph and address to your other fanau who stays in otara who are in the mangamuka area as well and also you might be able to help one another with your whakapapa

vysharn@yahoo.co.nz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 May, 2005 5:44 pm
Coralie OWC
(@coralie-owc)

KIA ORA SELINA.YES MY GREAT GRANDFATHER IS PETER TE RUKI NO MOTITI MARAE!TU TONU!MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER IS DOLLY EMERY NO TE KOPUA MARAE.OH YEA I AM ON MY MUMS EMAIL,MY NAME IS MAREA.ANYTHING YOU WANNA KNOW ABOUT OUR TE RUKI LINE I WIL BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU OUT CUZ.AROHANUI,MA TE ATUA HEI MANAAKI I A KOE.MARISSA IS MY MUMS BABY SISTA.I SEE THAT YOU POSTED YOUR MESSAGE AGES AGO CUZ,AROHAMAI WE JUST GOT ON DA NET!!!!!!HAHA MAURI ORA!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 January, 2006 1:21 pm
chewton girl OWC
(@chewton-girl-owc)

Kia ora Salina

I am a Davis and my whanau are from the Hokianga in the far north. My whanau along with the Ngapera and Harris whanau are all Ngai Tupoto o Te Rarawa. You could contact the marae at Motukaraka on 94055501, or the marae secretary Wendy Henwood who I'm sure would be in the phone book their for Rawene. Ngaperas and Harris are some of our kaumatuas who of course have a wealth of knowledge which I'm sure they would share with you. Good luck girl
Nau mai

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 January, 2006 3:51 pm
mystic_cazz OWC
(@mystic_cazz-owc)

quote:

Hi Selina
This is the first time I have tried sending a message in here, I have just become a member. I have a sister that is married to a Ngapera, I also have ties with the Harris's, they are a big whanau there is actually a Harris book that was printed out. My mother is from Mungamuka and my father is from Rahiri,Okaihau. My aunty that lives in Okaihau actually has a Harris book. My sisters husband is a Ngapera from Motukaraka. If I am any help to you, you can send me a message.
Kia Ora,
I am in the midst of researching my whakapapa, which includes the names Te Ruki and Ngatai from Te Kuiti and Tauranga, and Ngapera, Harris and Leaf from the Far North. I would love to hear from anyone who bears these names, or who is a descendant of any of these lines, so we can help each other learn more about our respective family lineages.
Thanks, Selina

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 January, 2006 3:20 pm
Angel Faith OWC
(@angel-faith-owc)

Hi Selina,

I am a Ngapera. My family is from Motukaraka. I have a basic family lineage at home which goes right back to Christopher Harris, but am unable to get to it at the moment. Let me know if you're interested and I'll see if I can get it to you.
Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 January, 2006 7:14 pm
kayngapera7@msn.com OWC
(@kayngapera7msn-com-owc)

Kia ora Selina we are also of NGAPERA -HARRIS -LEAF WHANAU we are 5th generation to Ngahuia who married Christopher Harris our tipuna Ngahuia had a daughter named ANI who married Ngapera who had a son named Timoti who married Hera Leaf from Whirinaki who had a son named Tuku who married PutiPuti Uatuku which now brings the story to me and my name is Lawrence Ngapera I now live in Auckland moving here from the Hawkes Bay with my family we have been here 7 years and we 2 are reseaching our whakapapa on our Ngapera whanau as to where we all fit in and on our Leaf whanau.So far we know Ngapera came from Motukaraka? IF ANYONE ELSE KNOWS ANY MORE INFROMATION PLEASE REPLY KIA ORA

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 April, 2006 10:14 pm
Page 1 / 2 Next

Working

Please Login or Register