Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Te Waiti Pukenui  

RSS
Rereahu ahau OWC
(@rereahu-ahau-owc)

Tena Koutou Katoa: He mihinui te whanau maori.

I seek my mother' sister "Te Waiti Pukenui Te Wera"
Her father name is "Te Wera Omeka Kingi" and her mother name is Ruhia Pukenui. Te Waiti is said to be buried at Raukawa ki te Tonga. Otaki way. She is said to have died in her 30's and left 7 children.
She has 2 sisters both deceased:
1. Mootu Pukenui Te Huia (She married Tahi Hohepa)
2. Ngaruri Pukenui Taniora (She had 5 different families)

Mootu is the eldest of the sisters, Te Waiti the middle child and my mother is the youngest.

There is another name that she is also known by:
Te Waiti Taunaha Pai
Te Waiti McGregor

I am looking for my cousins, I know at least 3 of her children, its the others I seek, hoping to look at a future reunion and set up a Whakapapa wanaga. Her mother Ruhia is buried at the Miringa Te Kakara Urupa(Rereahu) and Nanny's marae is Te Koura not far from Taumarunui.

We have connection to land blocks at Wharepuhunga and at Maungatautari (Raukawa)plus many others.

Posted : 21 June, 2005 12:07 pm
Share: