Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Te Wara , Nika : looking for my dad  

RSS
raehana OWC
(@raehana-owc)

I lived with him in 1977 aged 3,he was aged approximately 36 yrs old.i am now 33 and he is 66.He lived around huntly and was a mine worker around that time.I was taken from him abruptly to australia by my australian born mother , and our contact was severed.He was a proud Waikato Maori.Big smile ,5ft 9 inches, i have 1 photo.I remember having several cousins.I Regret leaving it this long and know i meant a great deal to him at the time.I have always felt my dads presence in me and the spirit of him.I hope to one day have a waipiro with him.I believe there is some family out there who knows him .I would be greatful to find contact with my maori family and to explore the culture .THANKYOU

Edited by - raehana on Aug 23 2006 03:20:10 AM

Edited by - raehana on Aug 23 2006 04:00:59 AM

Edited by - raehana on Aug 24 2006 12:32:12 AM

Posted : 23 August, 2006 1:54 am
Jaimee OWC
(@jaimee-owc)

kiaora i was just wondering what is your fathers name i may be of some help if i can

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 August, 2006 6:21 pm
raehana OWC
(@raehana-owc)

TA JAIMEE ,My father,s name is "Nika TeWARA" my mother called him "NIKI".I have a contact in Huntly, T,M Te wara at Te Ohaki rd Huntly.I have their phone number and will call them next week.Are you near Huntly?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 August, 2006 1:54 am
pammy OWC
(@pammy-owc)

hello, i think i know a lot about your family. I think you are my cousin. please drop me an email. also the contact details you have in huntly is my uncle if you check the whitepages for te wara in nz you will get 3 my dad, uncle and i. look forward to hearing from you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 August, 2006 10:36 pm
raehana OWC
(@raehana-owc)

thankyou pamela Te wara for the amazing effort in re uniting me with my father,s whanau.I am proud to know after 30 years I now know I HAVE 12 AUNT AND UNCLES AND 51 1ST COUSIN,S.Thank you also to maori.org.nz., and to my whanau i will hope to be at the Tianui festival next year.xo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 August, 2006 10:27 pm
sheree_tm OWC
(@sheree_tm-owc)

quote:

hello, i think i know a lot about your family. I think you are my cousin. please drop me an email. also the contact details you have in huntly is my uncle if you check the whitepages for te wara in nz you will get 3 my dad, uncle and i. look forward to hearing from you

Kiaora
My Aunty Bunny married a Te Wara and she also lives in Kaitumutumu, Huntly.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 September, 2006 6:16 am
raehana OWC
(@raehana-owc)

kia ora, thank you for your information regarding finding my dad. I have good results in finding whanau. Yuo will be pleased to know i found many whanau and will be visiting them in the first week of october, maybe even Bunny. I'll be visiting Huntly in my travels, can you tell her for me. Thanks again. jas

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 September, 2006 1:05 am
Share: