Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Te Whanau a Ruataupare  

RSS
allikat1 OWC
(@allikat1-owc)

Kia Ora Whanau/whanui, it's me again, Allister Walker. I have various connections on both my grandparents sides, but don't know much about them.Well, you can't be Te Whanau a Apanui and not be Ngati Porou can you?

My grandafther, Isaac Walker, was the son of James Walker and Maraea Taylor. James Walker was a pakeha from Northamptonshire, England and Maraea was a daughter of George Taylor a.k.a. Hori Punehu, who was either Irish or Scottish and Roena Te Waiohenga.

I know on nanny Maraea's side we are descended from Tuwhakairiora and Ruatuaupare an that our marae is Ruataupare at Tuparoa. We are very closely connected to the Grace whanau as Wi Grace was my grandafther's first cousin. Other whanau who intermarried with the Taylors include the Wanoa, Connelly, Ruha, Te Moana, Haua, Ferris'
Nanny Maraea only left shares to three of her eleven children, her three youngest. Joseph, who married Mereana Hei, Kate, who married Herbert Rountree and Isaac, who married Mere Haweti.

One of these landblocks, Koka A3C is situated around Whareponga marae. I have heard some whanau say that's where Roena came from, which confuses me as I thought Whareponga was the domain of Te Aitanga a Mate; could someone clear this up?

Apparently, o our Ruataupare side, we are connected to the Pewhairangi, Stirling and Ngarimu whanau. Does anyone have any info on this hapu? Also, could anyone tell me what the connection is and the story behind Te Whanau a Ruataupare ki Tokomaru Bay?

My aunty in Rotorua also tells me that I whakapapa to Ruataupare, but I haven't managed to obtain that yet. Any help/info/whakapapa anyone could give me would be much appreciated.

Ka Kite Ano

Posted : 07 March, 2007 8:42 pm
rtoko01 OWC
(@rtoko01-owc)

KIAORA KOUTOU

IM A NEW ON THIS SITE IM JUST HAVING TROUBLE FINDING A STORY BEHIND MY MARAE THAT IS BASED IN TOKOMARU BAY CALLED TUATINI IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 March, 2007 8:19 pm
Wiremu Teohomauri OWC
(@wiremu-teohomauri-owc)

There is a list of descendants for George Taylor and Elizabeth Stewart who were the parents of George (Hori Punehu) Taylor. The link http://www.traill.net.nz/walker/114.html will take you there. I hope youfind what you are looking for there.
Cheers
Wiremu

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 August, 2007 5:45 am
Share: