Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Te Whata  

RSS
Joshytewhata28 OWC
(@joshytewhata28-owc)

Tena koutou katoa,
Im trying to trace back my whakapapa. What i know so far is that my grandfather is Te Tahua Te Whata, and my great grand father is Wiremu Te Whata but apparently Wiremu migrated to the East coast from up north (Nga Puhi). Im am trying to find out my true Iwi, Hapu etc.... if i may put it that way
OH, and on my dads birth certificate, it has Ngati Rangi as the Iwi...Is Ngati Rangi a hapu of Nga Puhi??

Generally i have said i am nagti porou but i have recently found out that Te Tahua is a Nga Puhi name, but i am not sure...really, i am trying to find out my family history...

Can anyone help me please

Kia ora koutou

Posted : 06 March, 2007 6:41 am
Anthony OWC
(@anthony-owc)

Kia ora Joshua,
My mother was Te Aroha Ripeka Te Whata of Omapere, Hokianga. Her sister is in Gisborne Sarah Bartlett and she may be able to help. In the meantime I will try and see what I can find out and will reply to you here in the next few days.

Ka kite,
Tony

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 March, 2007 9:53 pm
memphisreign OWC
(@memphisreign-owc)

Te Tahua Tewhata is from Otaua and is Ngapuhi our Hapu is Ngai Tuteauru. My name is Arthur Tarawa my dads name is Steve Tarawa his dads name is Matiu Tarawa Tewhata his dads name is Tarawa Te whata his dad is Te Tahua Tewhata i can go bak further for you if you like email me at boilupncream@hotmail.com.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 September, 2007 3:34 pm
Past OWC
(@past-owc)

Kia ora Takotowi Tewhata married Dennis Browne Cochrane they resided in the North I think around Hokianga. is there any link here?

Past

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 September, 2007 8:46 pm
Purerehua OWC
(@purerehua-owc)

Kia Ora,
I am interested in the Ngati Rangi patai asked by Josheytewhata28 and can anyone help with the answer please? Is Ngati Rangi a hapu of Nga Puhi?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 October, 2007 3:22 am
ronaia
(@ronaia)

Kia Ora Joshey Te Whata, there is a website you can pop along to and view the various Hapu and Iwi of New Zealand.

The website is part of the national library.

http://iwihapu.natlib.govt.nz/iwi-hapu

Arohanui

Rona

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 October, 2007 8:53 am
Share: