Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

TEMOANANUI Whanau  

kelzinaotearoa OWC
(@kelzinaotearoa-owc)

Kia Ora Whanau,
I am looking for any information on the TeMoananui Whanau. Tamehana TEMoananui had put out a book on the whanau and was wondering if their is any whanau out there that has that book or where we can get it.
Any information will be gratefully appreciated.
Naku noa,
Kelly TeMoananui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 January, 2005 9:18 am
cliffb@xtra.co.nz OWC
(@cliffbxtra-co-nz-owc)

I am wondering if Kawhena TeMoananui was from your Temoananui whanau? She was my Greatgreat grandmother she married a Brott. She was the great grandaughter of Tamapahore TeMoananui. Any info you could give on this whanau would be much appreciated. Also if it is the same whanau line as yours I would interested in the book you are looking for too. My email is cliffb@xtra.co.nz
My name is Andrea.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 January, 2005 9:54 am
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

kia ora kelly,

I'd notice your names.
Is your father and mother names John & angie.
Well! hi there cuzzy. We both use to live in hamilton (sare cres.)
I am ake/agnes eldest child.

why don't you ask pitau boy (pitau william) he may help you.

(ps) Had your parents heard anything about the hapu incorporation been registered yet? I was at the first meeting & having heard a thing about it.
Sorry jumping in on another issue. lol'
Here is my opinion, I'd disagree with the idea.

kia kaha kelly

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 March, 2005 1:17 pm
menaferris
(@menaferris)

Kia Ora kelz i am searching along the same family line as Andrea (cliffb) and was wondering where your TeMoananui family come from, were they from the corromandel/Thames area? What was there marae if you know it? My line is from there but I wouldlike to know more.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 April, 2005 3:22 am
Leahw
(@leahw)

Kia Ora,
My aunty Ngaire is a TeMoananui from Mataora Bay.
Also have cousins living in Australia with the same surname - (Geraldine, Clarkie, David). Their father is Pongi TeMoananui who had passed away some time ago. Would any of you like my Aunty Ngaire's contact number? She lives with my uncle Sonny Boy Runga, in Hamilton.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 April, 2005 1:52 pm
menaferris
(@menaferris)

A bloodline fo the Moananui whanau is listed in Steadmans book 'He Toto', back from Wikitoria Moananui to Romana and back. Does not give siblings or anything though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 April, 2005 3:14 am
Tanya Brott OWC
(@tanya-brott-owc)

Tena Koe Mel, have you seen the book "Nga Ohaaki o Nga Whanau o Tauranga Moana", also by Steedman? It also has information about Wikitoria TeMoananui, with his brothers & sisters. Some of it is incorrect but as I always say the information is only as good as the person giving it! Wikitoria was descended from Ngati Pukenga, the originally hail from Coromandel but were gifted land in the Tauranga area. Let me know if you would like copies of the relevant page(s). Arohanui, Tanya

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 April, 2005 10:48 pm
ahubbard OWC
(@ahubbard-owc)

Kia ora whanau, Ko Adrian ahau. I am looking for information on my whakapapa. My line is from the BROTT - MOANANUI line. Kawhina MOANANUI was my great great grandmother who married George BROTT, who had a daughter called Emma. I Would love to find out more information about the MOANANUI line. Any information i could get would be very much appreciated. adrianhubbard@hotmail.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 May, 2005 11:21 pm
Korks OWC
(@korks-owc)

Nga mihi ki a koutou. My great grandmother was Rihi Mokopapaki. Her maiden name was Te Moananui, and she is a sister to Kawhena. I know she had a sister Bella that she used to visit in Whangarei and also rellies at Manaia (Coromandel) and of course Tauranga and Maketu. We are Ngati Pukenga.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 September, 2005 9:38 pm
menaferris
(@menaferris)

Kia Ora Korks,
I think that your g grandmother is actually a sister to my g grandfather. His name is William and their parents were Elizabeth Brott and Wikitoria TeMoananui. Kawhena is their step sister from an earlier relationship, Wikitoria and Ngaroma Tiria. I would love to compare information with you! Yes they had a sister Bella who married a Pohe. There was another 2 sisters, Emily and Caroline (Betty). They also had another brother, Sonny who died in the WW1. Where did Rihi and her husband settle, was it Whangarei? Do you know where they are buried? My whanau is from up there and would love to go looking around for whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 October, 2005 6:47 am
huiabird OWC
(@huiabird-owc)

Tena koe tatou katoa
I have post up my whakapapa.

Great great grandparents
Hirama Te Moananui = Merina
I
Great grand parents
Wiremu Te Moananui = Pare Marama Frazer
I
chidren.......
1st-Lucy(pingi) = John ?
2nd- Wira(Bill) = Lillian Hirawani
3rd- Lucy = Pani Gage
4th- Mary = Bill Hart
5th- Pitau = Molly Gage
6th- Ruriingi = Doreen Gage
7th- Margaret = Selwyn Jenkins
8th- Jane = Henry Harrison
9th- Hinewai = Hemi McCaskill
10th- Hineauta = Terry houia
11th June = Pare Riki
my grandparents
12th Emily = Peta Karu/Harawira or Harawera

Kia Ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 October, 2005 1:13 pm
kra.z OWC
(@kra-z-owc)

quote:

kia ora kelly,

I'd notice your names.

(ps) Had your parents heard anything about the hapu incorporation been registered yet? I was at the first meeting & having heard a thing about it.

kia kaha kelly

Kia Ora Whanaunga, Pitau Boy passed on awhile ago. If it is the same Pitau we know. Brother of Donna, Coral, Jack, etc... Sadly missed storyteller.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 December, 2005 11:19 pm
kra.z OWC
(@kra-z-owc)

quote:

quote:

kia ora kelly,

I'd notice your names.

kia kaha kelly

Kia Ora Whanaunga, Pitau Boy passed on awhile ago. If it is the same Pitau we know. Brother of Donna, Coral, Jack, etc... Sadly missed storyteller.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 December, 2005 11:26 pm
kra.z OWC
(@kra-z-owc)

quote:

Tena koe tatou katoa
I have post up my whakapapa.

Great great grandparents
Hirama Te Moananui = Merina
I
Great grand parents
Wiremu Te Moananui = Pare Marama Frazer
I
chidren.......
1st-Lucy(pingi) = John ?
2nd- Wira(Bill) = Lillian Hirawani
3rd- Lucy = Pani Gage
4th- Mary = Bill Hart
5th- Pitau = Molly Gage
6th- Ruriingi = Doreen Gage
7th- Margaret = Selwyn Jenkins
8th- Jane = Henry Harrison
9th- Hinewai = Hemi McCaskill
10th- Hineauta = Terry houia
11th June = Pare Riki
my grandparents
12th Emily = Peta Karu/Harawira or Harawera

Kia Ora

kia ora whanaunga, and that we are. This whakapapa is in the old edition of Te Moananui Whakapapa Book which i have. My Whanau in Paeroa r currently in the process of updating a new one, And Rita (Aunty Lucy's "Pingy") daughter maybe helpful to u if u should pursue in gathering that knew information

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 December, 2005 11:38 pm

Working

Please Login or Register