Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

the tangaroa known as edwards family  

RSS
dlyoung8@hotmail.com OWC
(@dlyoung8hotmail-com-owc)

looking for the tangaroa family which are known as the edwards family , i need to clarify the name change as im confused as to weather the edwards family or edward family are orignated from the tangaroa family and later changed to commonly known as edwards and also finding links to the tainui areas im not sure of family links at this stage to myself as im from the wade family so if anyone can help i would be most appricated thanks
dlyoung

Posted : 12 June, 2007 2:18 am
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

kia ora

This the first time heard this korero about tangaroa whanau. Interesting!
my great grandmother tamara edwards of kawhia.
waipapa marae, kawhia.
I don't know her maiden name? she used to lived at aotea homestead kawhia.

arohamai not able help much

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 June, 2007 2:56 am
dlyoung8@hotmail.com OWC

thakx pono yip its sure interesting alright someone out ther would surly know as im researching at the moment
early days
thanx aways

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 June, 2007 10:19 pm
kiriwai
(@kiriwai)

Does your Wade whanau have connections to the
Te Wano whanau.

Kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 June, 2007 11:58 pm
dlyoung8@hotmail.com OWC

quote:

Does your Wade whanau have connections to the
Te Wano whanau.

Kia ora

im not sure the wade family are from rangariri and also connected to the whiunui family and many other families as they are a large family so it depends on which branch of the wade your talking about but if you think you could be let me know
thankx for posting

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 June, 2007 12:54 am
Kaleena OWC
(@kaleena-owc)

Kia ora Daphne,
Mmm Im wondering if there is a link to a Whakapau Tangaroa and his twin brother Kahui Tangaroa. They were from Maniapoto. I understand that the whanau of Kahui went under the name of 'Kahui' instead of Tangaroa, but apparently were not of the same Kahui whanau from around Tuakau area. I do know that Whakapau married Tuhituhi ? and Kahui married Huna ? (I do not know their maiden names). They did live in and around the Maniapoto area. Whakapau and Tuhituhi lived in Hangatiki near Otorohanga and died in the late 1940's and 50's. They both had an only child, a daughter Mei who was our grandmother. Hope this is helpful to you.
Good luck on your search.
Kaleena

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 June, 2007 5:14 pm
dlyoung8@hotmail.com OWC

oh im not sure there but if you find out please let me know
thankx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 August, 2007 3:15 am
Share: