Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

THOMPSON OR POKITARA whanau  

RSS
mypony OWC
(@mypony-owc)

looking for thompson whanau from Kaiaua or Waiheke Island. My mum is Francis Leach maiden name was thompson> Her father was tauwhere thompson and her mum was Dellie Anderson. Iwi is ngati paoa

Posted : 20 March, 2007 6:12 am
tane_ariki OWC
(@tane_ariki-owc)
Trusted Member

you're also Ngati Apakura and Ngati Whanaunga as well.

I'm related to the Thompson's.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 March, 2007 7:41 am
mypony OWC
(@mypony-owc)

Really do you know of anyone I could contact regarding this whakapapa. I have no idea who to contact.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 April, 2007 7:23 am
mypony OWC
(@mypony-owc)

Really do you know of anyone I could contact regarding this whakapapa. I have no idea who to contact. What relation are you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 April, 2007 7:24 am
GPT OWC
(@gpt-owc)

Kia ora

My mother was a Thompson. Her father was Percy Tahatika Thompson (Koinaki). Our tupuna is Peneiti Koinaki who was from Kaiaua. There is a man called Willy Rawiri who resides in Papakura, Auckland who can help you with any information about Ngati Paoa and the Kaiaua whanau.

Kia ora.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 May, 2007 11:42 am
berryman OWC
(@berryman-owc)

Tena koe e te whanau,
You have a huge whanau who are planning a reunion for easter 2009 back in Kaiaua.Our grandfathers were brothers Tauwhare and Ngaru, 2 of 10 siblings. We are holding regular meetings at whanau homes and some of your mothers immediate whanau come, you are most welcome too.
Send me a message on the private messages for my email address.
Nau mai hoki mai.

Edited by - berryman on Jul 02 2007 4:13:42 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 June, 2007 4:18 am
Pokaitara Wikiriwhi OWC
(@pokaitara-wikiriwhi-owc)

Kiaora Koutou

Just to clear information posted. There are Thompsons that are Ngati Whanaunga in Kaiaua but it is not these ones. This Thompson (Pokaitara) whanau are as close to 100% Ngati Paoa as you can get.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 October, 2007 7:47 am
Pokaitara Wikiriwhi OWC
(@pokaitara-wikiriwhi-owc)

Kiaora Koutou

Just to clear information posted. There are Thompsons that are Ngati Whanaunga in Kaiaua but it is not these ones. This Thompson (Pokaitara) whanau are as close to 100% Ngati Paoa as you can get.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 October, 2007 7:47 am
arawanui OWC
(@arawanui-owc)

quote:

you're also Ngati Apakura and Ngati Whanaunga as well.

I'm related to the Thompson's.

Kia ora whanaunga,

My Name is Anahera Russell nee Kowhai. I was whangai'd by Maki and Bill Kowhai. Maki is the youngest daughter of Kahupeka and Tukere Thompson. My birth father is Mano Oppert, who is a son of Ringa Thompson.

Its awesome to meet new whanaunga!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 March, 2008 10:16 pm
Liz1974
(@liz1974)

Kia ora my name is Liz Walters nee Thompson  my siblings and I have recently suceeded land that was left to us. Which has brought me to knowledge of my Grandparents and Great grandparents. My Grandfathers name was William(Pote) Thompson  he married my Grandmother Mary Thompson nee Takerei from Ngati Maniapoto they had 3 children my dad Simon, and his brothers David and Lenny  which have all passed. My Grandfather died when my Dad and his siblings were very small. Through the succession, I found that my Great Grandfather Rewi Te Aho Tamihana descends from Ngati Paoa/Kaiaua on my Grandfathers Birth certificate it says that their tribal connections are Ngati Maru after researching that I found that this could be either Ngati Paoa or Taranaki. My Great Grandmother Emma Maaka descends from Ngati Pikiao, Mourea, Rotorua. 

If anyone has any knowledge could you please contact me through message.

Thanks Liz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 March, 2019 1:19 pm
Share: