Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

TIPENE: I'm looking for the whanau from Nga Puhi  

Page 1 / 2 Next
Delyse Tipene OWC
(@delyse-tipene-owc)

Im currently searching for my father George Desmond Tipene D.O.B.15/06/60, Nga Puhi, Maori/Pakeha, Has brothers named Ron (passed away in Sydney) & Henry. Had a sister called Margaret who died of Breast Cancer years ago. If you have any information about George or the Tipene whanau in general please contact me. No matter how small your info is Id appreciate it, as Ive been searching for the past 2 years and know the the Tipenes from nga puhi are a well known family. PLEASE HELP ME.
He is also known as Des, 0r Desmond as well as Hor'e

Delyse Tipene

Edited by - poutokomanawa on Mar 07 2005 10:44:15 PM

Edited by - Delyse Tipene on Mar 16 2005 12:02:37 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 January, 2005 5:39 pm
kotiro OWC
(@kotiro-owc)

I'm a Tipene from Ngapuhi (Ngatihine / Motatau). Do you know your grandparents names?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 January, 2005 7:59 pm
manukuru OWC
(@manukuru-owc)

I beleive there is a Tipene family reunion planned for this coming year with over 1000 attending from across the globe. I am related through the Terore's of Rangi Point.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 January, 2005 5:15 am
Delyse Tipene OWC
(@delyse-tipene-owc)

Sorry Im not to sure about who his grandparents are. But he is from the marae just out of Waitangi the bottom one that begins with an M.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 January, 2005 7:41 am
wainamunroe OWC
(@wainamunroe-owc)

The Tipene whanau is a big family. Here is a number that you could call his name is Peter Tipene who lives in Kawakawa 09 4040477 he may be able to help you find what you are looking for. My your heart be contented.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 January, 2005 6:06 pm
Delyse Tipene OWC
(@delyse-tipene-owc)

Just making a correct the name on my fathers birth certificate is George Desmond Tipene, but most people know him as George

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 February, 2005 11:34 am
baygal76 OWC
(@baygal76-owc)

Kia ora, the Tipene whanau is a very large family, im a Tipene myself and related to kotiro, yes im from Motatau (Ngati Te Tarawa) too. I remember when i attended Bay of Islands College that there was a Tipene Whanau attending school there too, but they were no relation (i dont think) They were a Tipene whanau from Kaitaia but they lived in Waitangi. i dont know whether that was much help. We do have a Desmond Tipene in the family but hes in his 60s. He has one son and married to Keti Tipene.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 March, 2005 10:41 pm
Mikaere OWC
(@mikaere-owc)

Kia Ora Delyse
I have relatives from Te Hapua and Kaitaia that are Tipene.

The information i have is of Maata Tipene who was born and buried in Te Hapua. She was the second wife too Rewiri Murupaenga after being widowed of Ngarare Mehara. Rewiri's father was Maori Chief of Ngatimurukahara

They had six children Etira, Ratahi, Tuini, Murupaenga, Hazel and Winnie. Unfortunetly Winnie died during the flue epidemic during that time.

Now Rewiri's father had two wives. The first was Mihi Peka Hinga and the second was Harata Paneere. Harata's eldest son Ngauma married Makinihi Tepene from Ngati Kuri Hapu, they had ten children.

They are: Ori (wife Maria Romana), Heka (Wife Rawinia Hoto), Willie (Wife Waikomiti Motu), Ruia (Wife Harriet Waitohi), Hare (Wife Mamae Harame), Ngapeka (Husband Kiritipa Te Awa), Mokohorea, Robin, Ngauma, and Tuwai.

I hope this helps in your search as everyone above has stated the Tipene whanau has spread widely.

Ka Kite

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 March, 2005 8:44 pm
ize OWC
(@ize-owc)

Nga mihi ki a koe Delyse me aku whanau no Motatau. I too am from the centre of the universe and although some of the names you mention don't ring a bell with me I can put you in touch with my father who should be able to fill in a lot of blanks. His name is Jim Morgan Tipene and you can ring him at home on 09 4351044 - just say his daughter referred you. He will only be too glad to help you in your quest.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 July, 2005 7:04 am
WATTS UP OWC
(@watts-up-owc)

Hey Delyse ,as ize and others have mentioned about motatau my aunty married into the Tipene whanau and they are huge,however as im an outlaw hehe!!! i dont know much about them just my immediate rallies of that whanau.Hope you find what youre looking for ,take care.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 July, 2005 12:40 am
Leahw
(@leahw)

My great-grandfather on my father's side is Tamati Tipene - I will ask my dad if he knows of your father.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 July, 2005 3:51 pm
Bubba Coffey OWC
(@bubba-coffey-owc)

Kia Ora Delyse
I am not 100% sure but I remember my friend saying that a George Tipene had married into their whanau their last name being Whiu from Kaio. Good luck

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 July, 2005 3:05 pm
Jasper OWC
(@jasper-owc)

Ki ora Delyse,
I know your father very well,he wants to make contact with you,so e-mail me your phone number & he will make contact with you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 August, 2005 8:52 pm
Delyse_Tipene OWC
(@delyse_tipene-owc)

Thank you everyone

And Jasper Ive sent an e mail to you.

Delyse

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 September, 2005 10:20 pm
stubbornforgey OWC
(@stubbornforgey-owc)

Hell yeah!!Tipene are a huge family..they had no t.v's back then LOL.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 September, 2005 9:01 am
Page 1 / 2 Next

Working

Please Login or Register