Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TIPENE  

RSS
Leahw
(@leahw)

Any Tipene Whanau from the Oturu Marae out there? I am trying to track down anyone from this whanau, to help with my great grandfather's whakapapa. All I know is that his name was Tamiti PAHU but later changed his surname to PAHU-TIPENE.

Edited by - leah.w on Nov 30 2005 4:40:25 PM

Posted : 10 November, 2005 3:51 pm
Soni OWC
(@soni-owc)

Leah,Try asking for any Popata Whanau from oturu
cousin.Hi Soni Takinui here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 November, 2005 5:39 pm
Hinga Whanau
(@hinga-whanau)

Leah I sense we are getting closer since I also have ties to the tipene whanau. Could be an omen but once again happy to share information with you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 July, 2006 11:03 pm
Father Hemi OWC
(@father-hemi-owc)

Greetings my Name is Hemi Tipene i have just recently found this site, i am also currently searching for whakapapa as i have no knowledge please if you can assist me that would be greatful
please contact me on:
0272578458 or 0211821811
or send me an email to:
hemitipene@clear.net.nz

thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 January, 2007 5:27 pm
Father Hemi OWC
(@father-hemi-owc)

kia ora leah korero mai i come from oturu my great grandfather was tutanekai tipene but also had name differenciations so give me a bell, send me an email to father_hemi@hotmail.com ok ai

kakite ano

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17 January, 2007 12:21 pm
Blaze001 OWC
(@blaze001-owc)

Kia Ora everyone. I am David Shaun Tipene, My Father is Kelly Tipene and he originally came from Kawakawa, I was wondering if anyobdy had any information about the Tipene's from up those ways as i have no knowledge of them and would like to know

jordis-ty@hotmail.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 January, 2007 7:27 pm
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Any Tipene Whanau from the Oturu Marae out there? I am trying to track down anyone from this whanau, to help with my great grandfather's whakapapa. All I know is that his name was Tamiti PAHU but later changed his surname to PAHU-TIPENE.

Kia ora Leah,

Here is ONE website for your marae, Oturu.

Have you tried typing 'oturu marae' in the yahoo search site (if you got yahoo). Didn't find anything in the google search for your marae, yet came up with a few from yahoo search site.

http://ngatikahu.co.nz/Oturu.cfm

Hope this helps

Noho ora mai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 February, 2007 7:17 am
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Or try this one, if you haven't already.

http://www.oldfriends.co.nz/MessageBoard.aspx?institution=67617

Noho ora mai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 February, 2007 7:22 am
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

or try this one?

Here is a photo of Oturu Marae School S2-F11, 1954. Could be some whanau in here? You need to go or scroll down to the bottom of the page. Enjoy.

http://ngatikahu.com/index.php?pr=Oturu_Photos

Noho ora mai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 February, 2007 7:29 am
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Tipene whanau with unclaimed land monies?

Takitimu - 1504275-00 - Apiata Tipene - $ 1,785.21
Waikato-Maniapoto - 1459338-00 - James Tipene - $ 1,205.55
Aotea - 1725552-00 - Kathleen Tipene - $ 681.77
Waikato-Maniapoto - 1459341-00 - Maukau Tipene - $ 1,768.69
Waiariki - 1676891-00 - Steven Allen Tipene - $ 533.69
Waikato-Maniapoto - 1432577-00 - Takatowai W Tipene - $ 989.37
Waikato-Maniapoto - 1463805-00 - Arohanui Tipene Whanau Trust - $ 617.40

Noho ora mai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 February, 2007 7:34 am
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Kia ora Leah,

Try the google search for Oturu Marae as well. It works too!

Noho ora mai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 February, 2007 7:49 am
Leahw
(@leahw)

Thank you Ira so much for your help. It was wonderful to see old pics of some whanau members. You have certainly given me a lot of information to go on. Thanks again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 February, 2007 11:54 am
Leahw
(@leahw)

David, I am sorry but I don't have any info to give you. If I find anything, I will forward the info onto you.

Goodluck with your search.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 February, 2007 11:59 am
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Thank you Ira so much for your help. It was wonderful to see old pics of some whanau members. You have certainly given me a lot of information to go on. Thanks again.

Kia ora Leah,

Not a problem!

Arohamai.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 February, 2007 2:00 pm
Share: