Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TIPENE  

RSS
ngatihine waihine OWC
(@ngatihine-waihine-owc)

Kiora! Whanau, Te ropere Tipene (married to Mere henare) was the brother to te'Piha, being the father of my Grandfather, Rata Tipene. The father of 10 children. The third eldest was Tamaiti Tipene (Tom)(married to Raina) being the father of 4 Girls, 1 died(Josephine,(Dad drowning in an accident at the Kawakawa Dam). Me, now being the youngest of his girls, my name lily Tipene now living in Kaikohe.

Posted : 05 June, 2007 2:27 pm
ize OWC
(@ize-owc)

Kia ora cuz! I come off Te Ropere & Mereana's line - my grandfather was one of their 21 kids, his name Peeni or Chub as he was known. My old man is Jimmy Morgan, only child of Chub and Kowhiti. Mauriora!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 June, 2007 12:05 am
nikswatene OWC
(@nikswatene-owc)

quote:

Kia ora cuz! I come off Te Ropere & Mereana's line - my grandfather was one of their 21 kids, his name Peeni or Chub as he was known. My old man is Jimmy Morgan, only child of Chub and Kowhiti. Mauriora!

hi ize!!

so that means your related to Uncle Pete Leef? his great grandfather is Te Ropere, he's bout 50 or so

Nicky
(i also come from Te Piha, he's my great great grandfather)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 July, 2007 5:39 pm
abby.tipene OWC
(@abby-tipene-owc)

Kia Ora,
I'm Abby Tipene and wanting to get in contact with whanau. Daughter of Steven Tipene, son of Ropata (Bob) Tipene, son of Ropere Tipene (Nika), son of Te Ropere Tipene. Abz.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 December, 2007 1:32 am
flodel OWC
(@flodel-owc)

Tena kauto te Whanau. I too hail from the Tipene whanau. Let me tell you where I fit in. My Grandmother Riuroa (nee Tipene) married Pakira (Napo) Henare. His sister was Mereana (nee Henare) who married Te Ropere. My grandmother Rui's father Te Rata (Who married Mihiwira Hoterene)was a brother to TeRopere. Other siblings of Te Piha who married Maraea Kingi, were Arapeta,(married Tepiri Prime) Moetu, (married Ngarunui Tiki or Dickie). If you would like to know any other connections I would be happy to give them to you if I can.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 January, 2008 6:05 pm
Ira OWC
(@ira-owc)
Eminent Member

quote:

Tena kauto te Whanau. I too hail from the Tipene whanau. Let me tell you where I fit in. My Grandmother Riuroa (nee Tipene) married Pakira (Napo) Henare. His sister was Mereana (nee Henare) who married Te Ropere. My grandmother Rui's father Te Rata (Who married Mihiwira Hoterene)was a brother to TeRopere. Other siblings of Te Piha who married Maraea Kingi, were Arapeta,(married Tepiri Prime) Moetu, (married Ngarunui Tiki or Dickie). If you would like to know any other connections I would be happy to give them to you if I can.

Kia ora Tipene Whanau,

Has the Tipene Whanau got a Tipene Whanau website? If so can you give us the name of the site!

Arohamai whanau...

Edited by - Ira on Feb 18 2008 06:06:51 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 February, 2008 5:57 am
Share: