Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

TIPENE, Mereana Ngaro  

Leahw
(@leahw)

Mereana Ngaro TIPENE is my grand mother. I am looking for any TIPENE whanau that may have a family tree with her name listed somewhere. There is a huge gap in our family tree on my father's side. Mereana married Wainga Wiremu Takinui - (The Takinui name was changed by 3 of their sons to Williams for some reason - one of them being my father Nukumai Ngaiwi Williams). Mereana had one son by the name of Tutanikai Tipene, who was not Wainga's. Mereana is buried in Oturu cemetery.
Can anyone shed some light on my situation.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 March, 2005 5:27 pm
shayemerald OWC
(@shayemerald-owc)

Hi There I was wondering if you had a Ben TIPENE also known as Pene Mu TIPENE in your tree. He is my Grandfather. He has a brother called Barney TIPENE. But my family dont talk or say anything about whakapapa. There is too much bad things that they don't want us to know. I know my grandad had 7 kids. Anne(deceased), Kiri(deceased), Corrina, Bella, Ben(deceased), Macus(My Dad) and George. The family that is left doesn't know many elderly people who will tell the whakapapa.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 March, 2005 11:43 pm
Leahw
(@leahw)

Hi Shayemerald,
I will ask my father tonight - as Tipene is from his part of the family. I will get back to you soon.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 March, 2005 5:46 pm
pearlau OWC
(@pearlau-owc)

Kia ora Leah

In case you havent looked on the names being researched lists on this site, there are 3 other postings for Tipene.

One of the members has posted that there is a tipene reunion planned for the comming year, with over 1000 attending from all over, you may be able to email the member for further information.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31 March, 2005 6:36 pm
Leahw
(@leahw)

Thank you Pearlau,
My father is excited about this news. Thank you for pointing it out to me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 April, 2005 2:44 am
Chaed OWC
(@chaed-owc)

quote:

Hi There I was wondering if you had a Ben TIPENE also known as Pene Mu TIPENE in your tree. He is my Grandfather. He has a brother called Barney TIPENE. But my family dont talk or say anything about whakapapa. There is too much bad things that they don't want us to know. I know my grandad had 7 kids. Anne(deceased), Kiri(deceased), Corrina, Bella, Ben(deceased), Macus(My Dad) and George. The family that is left doesn't know many elderly people who will tell the whakapapa.

Kia ora whanaunga, Pene's fathers name is Tutanekae he is a half brother to our father's (popsy & leah) he took the surname of his mother, Tipene.

Edited by - Chaed on Feb 21 2007 5:14:48 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 February, 2007 5:12 pm
Chaed OWC
(@chaed-owc)

quote:

Mereana Ngaro TIPENE is my grand mother. I am looking for any TIPENE whanau that may have a family tree with her name listed somewhere. There is a huge gap in our family tree on my father's side. Mereana married Wainga Wiremu Takinui - (The Takinui name was changed by 3 of their sons to Williams for some reason - one of them being my father Nukumai Ngaiwi Williams). Mereana had one son by the name of Tutanikai Tipene, who was not Wainga's. Mereana is buried in Oturu cemetery.
Can anyone shed some light on my situation.

If memory serves Tamaiti Pahu Tipene was our grandmothers father. He was known by other names Tamiti Tipene...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 February, 2007 5:36 pm
Leahw
(@leahw)

Kia ora Popsy,
Just saw your reply to my message. You're right - Tamati PAHU-TIPENE is our nan's father.
Nice to hear from you again cuz.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 February, 2007 9:05 pm

Working

Please Login or Register