Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TIPENE Toone  

RSS
marlene OWC
(@marlene-owc)

Kiaora to one and all. Hoping theres some whanaunga out there that may know or heard of my Great grandfather. From what I know, he is originally from MANGAMUKA.He married KETI POMARE from PANGURU. Would really be grateful for any information or whakapapa that you can share with me. KIAORA.

Posted : 01 October, 2005 10:42 pm
leilei OWC
(@leilei-owc)

TOONE TIPENE 1st cemetery on the left hand side travelling into PANGURU - try there.
My grandmother Hemaima,and my grand aunty Te Wahapo also had a brother Toone Tipene. In this group was approx....9 brothers & sisters.
My grandmother and my grand aunty lived in a small farming community - a place called Orewau. To get to Orewau, you turn left at the Mangamuka Pub. Continue on that road till you pass three concrete bridges. After the 3rd bridge travel half a km and look to your right - on the hill is the Orewau cemetery.

Here's a start for you.

ps I'm in Sydney and I left my whakapapa at home in NZ. Keep in touch.

Leilei's husband

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 January, 2006 11:45 pm
maorierere
(@maorierere)

Kia ora

I have also started researching my whakapapa recently, and I have come across this thread. Hemaima TIPENE was my great-grandmother's mother and I have been trying to find out about her family and origins, but I haven't had any luck so far and wondered if she may have had a different first name (I living in Hamilton at the moment but am planning to do a visit through the area to pay my respects at different urupa). 

Until seeing the above post, I had no idea she even had siblings. I would love to hear more about the TIPENE branch of the whanau, so please feel free to reply with a contact email address if you're open to korero. 

Kia ora.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 October, 2018 11:38 pm
Share: