Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Toheriri (Te) Teira  

RSS
Meihana
(@meihana)

Kia Ora Whanau,I'm trying to link (Te)Teira Toheriri to my mum's Whakapapa Her father is Enoka Toheriri married Mere Katene Tuhou.

Te Teira married Ema Nohopari. Both were born around 1810/1820 they had six children (Mere-Hera-Wairau-Roa-Rare-Rewi)His father is Paihau and Mother Inumia did they have other children?

Chrees.

Posted : 30 October, 2006 9:42 am
ausender OWC
(@ausender-owc)

Kia ora, while this might not help much, there is a grave in the Ruawharawhara(Opoutama) Urupa with the surname Toheriri. My late husband's mother was a Wairau, they were off the Toheriri Line. As far as I am aware, this line was direct descendents of Rongomaiwahine and her first husband,Tama Takutai. Best contact for you, would be from the Mahia district, as this is where a lot of whanau is from. Sorry not much help otherwise,

Kaz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 February, 2007 8:50 am
Aubry OWC
(@aubry-owc)

I have a Enoka Toheriri md Teao Kauirangi Teuhaere and had Heneti Toheriri bron abt 1897 ... any connection ???

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 February, 2007 10:01 am
Meihana
(@meihana)

Kia Ora & thank you for both Panui any info is welcome.I shell follow up the whakapapa given

cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 February, 2007 6:24 am
riria
(@riria)

kia ora ano... my husbands family desended from te teira's son wairau... there is information available from a whakapapa/history book called horouta... it is composed by rongowhakata halbert and published by his whanau... it is a thick little book but if you like to study geneology then this book holds a few goodies in regards to the toheriri whanau... another way to find hidden whakapapa is to trace any inherited land via the maori land courts... i'll ask a few of his relatives and see if i can help you a little more... good luck till then.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 February, 2007 5:27 pm
rarere OWC
(@rarere-owc)

kia ora whanau te teira toheriri was my tipuna i come off the wairau line

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 December, 2007 12:51 pm
Share: