Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Toi, Piwai  

RSS
missluvtoi OWC
(@missluvtoi-owc)

kia ora all

im trying to do a lil search to gain a lil bit on where i come from

i know this is my pop ... he passed away 17 June 1976 ... he was married to my nan ... Kare Te Aroha Toi ... nee Leef ... of whom passed away this year 19 February 2005 ... she was 89yrs old ... im trying to find out more info on my pops whanau ... as i actually dont know all that much ... i know he had a few sisters but not really much more ... i do know however that my pop and my nan lived on the borderline of Opo and Omapere ... (Kokohuia)

i was brought up all over nz and in south east asia as my father was in the military ... and as my pop passed away when i was 13months old ... i didnt really get a chance to ask him any questions ... so if anyone could help me ... that would be greatly appreciated

Posted : 11 November, 2005 9:52 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

I'm guessing that your pop is a descendant of Iraia Toi. Iraia Toi had 7 uri / issue [3 sons & 4 daughters] whom were all born in the 19th century. I'll need to sift through my whakapapa notes to give you more info on this whanau line.
Will keep you posted.

Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 November, 2005 10:19 pm
missluvtoi OWC
(@missluvtoi-owc)

yeah ... thats right ... one sister was Erana ... one was Hana ... and there was my Pop ... but i dont really know any others ... if you could help ... that would be greatly appreciated

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 November, 2005 10:22 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Tena Koe missluvtoi,

Okay! My notes say your Pop, Piwai Toi was a grandson of Iraia Toi. There is no mention of Iraia Toi's spouse.
Piwai Toi's father was Wiremu Iraia Toi. Again there is no mention of Wiremu's spouse.
Wiremu Iraia Toi had the following issue:
1. Pomana Wiremu Toi [m]
2. Te Waka Wiremu Toi [m]
3. Piwai Wiremu Toi [m]
4. Heni Wiremu Toi [f]
5. Erana Wiremu Toi [f]
6. Te Aumihi Wiremu Toi [f]
There was a Hana Iraia Toi [sister to Wiremu Iraia Toi] whom married Hoani Matenga
IRAIA TOI [I Mate A Ia I Te Tau: 1887]

Source: Hohaia Taurau Toi - 28/08/1925

Hope this helps!

Na Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 November, 2005 2:15 am
Ngaku OWC
(@ngaku-owc)

Tena koe missluvtoi,
My brotherinlaw is the son of Piwai. Can I have your contact details to pass on to him as I'm sure he will feel blessed to connect with you.
Hei kona ra
Ngaku

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 November, 2005 1:33 pm
missluvtoi OWC
(@missluvtoi-owc)

quote:

Tena koe missluvtoi,
My brotherinlaw is the son of Piwai. Can I have your contact details to pass on to him as I'm sure he will feel blessed to connect with you.
Hei kona ra
Ngaku

hi there an thank you for that ... my father is the second to last surviving son actually ... (younger brother to Wiritai, Pote, Frazer ... and older brother to Fred) ... thank you for all your help though ... im going to be catching up with Aunty Pote and Uncle Fra at dads 60th in a few weeks time ... and they're gonna help me there
thank you everyone for your help though ... its been greatly appreciated

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 November, 2005 4:12 pm
Ngaku OWC
(@ngaku-owc)

That's great news! You will meet Wiritai and my sister Frances as well.

Ma Te Atua koe e manaki.
Ngaku

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 November, 2005 10:07 am
missluvtoi OWC
(@missluvtoi-owc)

oh ... you are aunty Frances' sis ... i was kinda thinking of aunty Betty ... cool ... i know her ... shes pretty cool ... she her daughter Rina lives in Rotorua by my bro ... and i think Annette is there now too

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 November, 2005 1:47 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Thought I'd post this for future reference for any uri / descendants of Reverend Hohaia Taurau. I have seen in the archival postings of this website on researchers looking for info on Hohaia Taurau.

Reverend HOHAIA TAURAU [a.k.a. Hohaia Taurau Toi]
I Whanau A Ia I Te Tau: circa 1885-86
I Mate A Ia I Te Tau: 1953
Hohaia Taurau was the only child and son of Taurau Iraia Toi.
Taurau Iraia Toi was a son of Iraia Toi.

Iraia Toi left the following issue:
1. Wiremu Iraia Toi
2. Hone Iraia Toi
3. Hana Iraia Toi
4. Taurau Iraia Toi
5. Ripeka Iraia Toi
6. Kariti Iraia Toi
7. Ritihia Iraia Toi

Feel free to add to this info!

Na Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 November, 2005 6:29 pm
superbee OWC
(@superbee-owc)

Add to the info:
I have NO Wiremu but a [m]Wiwhata Iraia Toi= Maraea Pakete Taimona and had Piwai Toi= Kare Riwhi.
Iraia Toi descends from Kupe.
GULP, Iraia Toi=Hiraina Aramita? Netana
Iraia by Ruka to kupe, Netana by Mate, Te Tiwha to Kupe.
Excuse any mistake but hard to read my source.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 May, 2006 2:18 am
Share: