Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TOKONA,Eileen,my grandmother  

RSS
Fiona OWC
(@fiona-owc)

Any information on my grandmother would be much appreciated,I know her father was Eddie Hohapata-Rowles.
She married a Roy Tokona.

Edited by - Fiona on Aug 30 2005 12:26:39 PM

Posted : 22 August, 2005 4:56 pm
Wananga OWC
(@wananga-owc)

Kia ora Fiona
Ko Wananga toku ingoa The name Tokona i know of from Ruatoria. I believe there was a Roy Tokona in that whanau and the name you mention of Hohapata - Rowles are links with John Rowles our awesome maori singer and the Hohapata name is from Ruatoria too
u can e me at wananga@kol.co.nz

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 September, 2005 1:58 pm
sorren OWC
(@sorren-owc)

hello, I am looking for my half sister and brother.

their names are tenaya (if thats how you spell it)
and Tony (possibly short for Anthony)

I know nothing of thier mother, but my mother tells me that dad grew up in Auckland and comes from the family Tokona, or was raised by them, but returned home to his real family when he was around 13 years old, his biological mother is maori and his father was english, and had the last name Felton

so their last names could either be Tokona or Felton

He also had many brothers and a few sisters, about 13 siblings I think. His father died over 30 years ago from cancer. He has at least one aunt I know of, and Im pretty sure she lives in Auckland.

We have been looking for Tenaya and Tony for nearly my whole life, as they dissapeared with their mother many many yeaers ago.If you know of any Tokona's or Felton's , or think you might have some information that would help lead us to my older siblings, please email me

sorrendearc@yahoo.com.au

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 April, 2006 3:08 am
Share: