Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TUA  

RSS
Donia OWC
(@donia-owc)

Kia Ora Everyone,
Am looking for some info on the Tua Family. I know that they come from Matangirau and that a brother went to Te tii and married a women from there by the name of Moerangi. Unfortunately Moerangi passed on and he remarried a women by the name of RATA, Erehi. Anyone got any info on this would be great and also a whakapapa of the Tua Whanau would b gr8.

Thanx All

Posted : 26 April, 2007 11:53 am
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Tena Koe Donia,
The Tua whanau are descendants of one tupuna Hone Tua. My maternal gr8 gr8 gr8 grandmother was Tawhi Hone Tua, daughter of Hone Tua.

Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16 June, 2007 2:29 pm
Pikimaui OWC
(@pikimaui-owc)

Tena koe Donia

I only know the children of Tomo Tua and Ani Whai. My grandmother was the eldest of their 10 children. Im sorry i don't know the brother you are looking for.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 June, 2007 6:25 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Tena koe Kare,
Your grandmother would be Porae Tua? Porae is the eldest of Tomo Motukiwi Tua and Whai Eruera Karena.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 February, 2008 12:32 pm
ccs OWC
(@ccs-owc)

Kiaora...My husbands father is 1 of Tomo's sons, the youngest son Winston Tua.....He is the youngest son of Tomo's 2nd marriage....His 2nd wifes name was Waipuna Ropeha.....The name of their whanau Marae is Karangahape, based in Matangirau...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 March, 2008 12:12 am
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Tena koe Cheryl,

Yes! Waipuna Ropiha is Tomo's 2nd wife, and Tomo Tua himself being the 2nd husband of Waipuna. Waipuna's mother was Hera Tupe and her father was Ropiha Hone. My gr8 gr8 grandfather was an older brother to Hera Tupe. Do you know of Ani Herewini? She is the daughter of Waipuna Ropiha and her 1st husband who was a Herewini.

na Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 March, 2008 1:28 pm
ccs OWC
(@ccs-owc)

Yes my Father'n'law has mentioned the Herewini's to us...Im not too sure on the Whakapapa, only What he tells us...Winston(my Father'n'law)mentioned some names of his brothers and sisters,Like his older brothers Monday and Harry and a sister Rose and then theres the half brothers and sisters,I do know that Eric Rush(All Black Player)is his half brother moko, but i forget the name at this time but i can ask him if u want more info on the family

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 March, 2008 10:39 am
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Cousin Eric Rush's grandfather is Henare Tua and Henare's late wife is Hikiora [Emma] Tupe. Uncle Henare Tua would be well into his eighties. He [Henare Tua] is the son of Tomo Tua and Whai Eruera Karena. Tomo Tua is the son of Motukiwi Hone Tua. Motukiwi is the the of Hone Tua, which the Tua families descend from. Motukiwi Tua also had a brother named Tomo Hone Tua, and this is another branch of the descendants Tomo Hone Tua, not to be confused with Tomo Motukiwi Tua.

Hohaia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 March, 2008 12:23 pm
hohaia2 OWC
(@hohaia2-owc)
Eminent Member

Motukiwi is the son of Hone Tua...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 March, 2008 12:26 pm
ccs OWC
(@ccs-owc)

Cool thank you for that and that is the 1 (Tomo Motukiwi Tua)As my Father'n'law named my son after his dad

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 March, 2008 12:40 pm
Share: