Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TUPARA, Jock  

RSS
lisrbn OWC
(@lisrbn-owc)

Looking for imformation about my mothers father.I don't know if he married my mum's mother whose name was Lovey Moa, he had a brother named Nanny George and they came from Paratahi or Waituhi in Gisborne.My mum has a cousin called Ruka and his wife is Marlene if anyone called help me with her side of my whakapapa I would be ever so grateful.

Posted : 09 January, 2006 4:08 am
phenry OWC
(@phenry-owc)

Hi There,

I dont have any direct information about your grandfather but his name is unique i believe there is only one Tupara Whanau.

My Grandfather was Sam Tupara who could quite possibly be a relation, however i dont know much about him either.

My grandfather was one of the first diesel mechanics in new zealand i dont know originally where his family is from but he died in 1961 and was married to my nanni Rangimarie Patena.

They lived in Ratana Pa but i believe we have connections to the Turangi/Taupo Region and possibly Gisborne.

Maybe if we connect the dots we will find they we could be related? let me know if you have any other information and i will see if i have any info for you too!!!

Kiaora!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 February, 2006 2:42 pm
Michelle Hawea OWC
(@michelle-hawea-owc)

Kia ora

Yes Marlene and Ruka do live in Patutahi /Waituhi (Gisborne district). They have lived there all there married life and raised all their children and mokos. I will give my friend Pete a ring he will be able to help you. I have sent you a personal e mail.

Best of luck

Michelle

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09 May, 2006 9:25 pm
tokiwi OWC
(@tokiwi-owc)

KIA ORA LISRBN I COULD BE A CUZ I LIVE IN BRISBANE QLD IF YA LIKE TOO FIND MORE ABOUT TUPARA WHANAU AS YOU R ONLY AT WOODRIGE I KNOW THAT WE HAVE WHANAU IN GISBORN IT JUST THAT I HAVE NOT MEET ANYONE YET I HAVE ALLWAY THROUGHT MY BROTHER WAS THE OLDEST IN KORO SAM AND AMIRIA BUT KORO HAD AN OLDER DAUGHTER WHO WAS ADOPTED OUT AND SHE WAS FROM GISBOURN WHO I THINK IS MY AUNTY THAT I HAVE NEVER MET. THIS INFORMATION WAS GIVEN TO ME BY WAITAPU KONUI (NEE TUPARA)MY AUNTY FROM TURANGI.MY NAME IS TERRENCE WILLIAMS.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 December, 2006 1:12 pm
Pai OWC
(@pai-owc)

Kia ora Liz

Ko Rangipai tenei, and Im hoping this is the same Liz whose sista was Harata and ma was Dana and you pa was Gaga Robin, no Hastings koutou and who I use to visit and vice versa. Your ma and my sista Avey were as close as couzzies could be. Hope so, if so, Uncle Jock, brother of George, Girlie, and Thomas. Son of Whakarereranga Tupara (who is buried at Waioeka Urupa (Opotiki), Unlce George who married nanny Mini (both buried at Takitimu Urupa (Waituhi) they had Aunty Tilly, Uncle Ruk, Uncle Nick, Uncle Bin and whangai Mona, my ma Girlie who married Dave Wilson (both buried at Taruheru Cemetry in Gisborne (both died 2 weeks between one another) had whangai's Avey, Tony and me, Uncle Tom died in Italy at war at Sora, Marteena. Uncle Ruk passed away last over a year ago (Dec 2006) and Pete or his older brother Tony (Christchuch) or even Booty (Kawerau) can help you. As I have discovered over the years the Tupara name is well known in Taupo and Rotorua. Im now in Rotovegas, married 2 kidz and after 15 years moving to Tauranga in 2-3 weeks time. Keep in touch.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 January, 2008 2:57 pm
Share: