Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TUPARA, Sam & PATENA, Rangimarie  

RSS
phenry OWC
(@phenry-owc)

I am searching for any information on Sam or his last wife Rangimarie.

As far as i know they lived at Ratana Pa until they passed away i believe that Sam passed away in 1961. Sam was as i am told one of the first diesel mecahnics in New Zealand, he has had two wives that i know of and we have whanau all over the place namely, Levin, Palmerston North, Wanganui, Gisborne and Turangi.

I dont know much about him at all my mother was his last child and she was whangai to another family member.

If anyone has any information on either of my granparents i would greatly appreciate it.

Both my first cousin and i are looking for whanau and ancestral information

Kia Ora

Edited by - phenry on Feb 04 2006 3:58:08 PM

Posted : 04 February, 2006 2:25 pm
horibop2000 OWC
(@horibop2000-owc)

if you say they are from the turangi region i went to school with some tukino was my best mate he would have been about 50 now but he was killed in a bike crash down south some years ago he was with the highway 61 his brother joe & charlie i not seen for some years they have a younger sister from what ihave been told their father died of diesel poison i hope this helps tukino is buried in turangi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 February, 2006 4:36 pm
janice tanerau OWC
(@janice-tanerau-owc)

Kia ora Pania,
glstrongman@xtra.co.nz is my sisters address:
Will send her a mail in regards to your search on your whanau.
My mother would know of your grandparents very well and other extended members of my whanau will be glad to help.
Just send a mail through to my sister and hopefully the ball will roll from there.
Regards,
Janice

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 February, 2006 8:09 am
phenry OWC
(@phenry-owc)

Horibop & janice tanerau,

Thank you sooo much for both your help! Horibop i did know my uncle tukino and i have been trying to find more information on my grandparents.

Janice i will contact your sisters email address and hope that i can find more information.

Kiaora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 February, 2006 10:32 am
pearlt68 OWC
(@pearlt68-owc)

Kia ora phenry

Just a snippet of info that may be of interest to you. My mother-in-law was a daughter of Sam Tupara to his first wife, Amiria Paremamao Tupara (nee TeRangi) who came from Turangi. I also knew his second wife, Nanny Rangi who did live at Ratana Pa. She was also originally from Turangi of the Patena whanau. Unfortunately all children of Sam and Amiria have now passed on, my mother-in-law was the last surviving child of this union and who passed away early December 2005. The youngest daughter of his second marriage to Nanny Rangi that I know of is Alice. Also have heard that he did have a daughter who was his oldest child before his children to his first and second wives lived in Gisbourne. Her name was Rangi (I think that was the name). I know the names of most his children to both wives as my mother-in-law always spoke about her whanau. Koro Sam's mothers name was Te Onira who hailed from Te Teko. Again my mother-in-law was raised by this kui until her death, in Taupo. His father was Tupara Maniapoto. Koro Sam is buried also in the whanau urupa at Tokaanu. Nanny Rangi is buried at Rotoaira not too far out of Turangi heading south beneath Tongariro where her whanau were raised. I attended her tangi, she was brought home here to her final resting place. Anyway I hope this has been a bit of help to you, I also have a Tupara whakapapa book that was given to whanau members a couple of years ago when another of Koro Sam's children passed away in Levin, his son Sonny Tupara who lived in there for years, his wife and kids still live there today.

Ka kite
pearlt68

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 March, 2006 9:46 am
tokiwi OWC
(@tokiwi-owc)

who RU I AM THE GRANDSON OF KORO SAM AND AMERIA FROM LEVIN MY MUM IS NORA WHAKAIRI WILLIAMS (NEE TUPARA)MY NAME TERRENCE WILLIAMS ITS JUST THAT IM LOOKING AT YOUR POST ON WEB AND THE NAME DOES NOT RING A BELL TOO ME SO GIVE ME RING AT THIS NUMBER (07)33154069 MOB- 0433703378 I AM IN AUSTRALIA QLD MY ADDRESS IS 297 KICHENER RD STAFFORD HEIGHTS 4053 POST CO MY EMAIL IS tokiwi@optusnet.com.au

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 December, 2006 12:34 pm
javzmama OWC
(@javzmama-owc)

quote:

Kia ora phenry

Just a snippet of info that may be of interest to you. My mother-in-law was a daughter of Sam Tupara to his first wife, Amiria Paremamao Tupara (nee TeRangi) who came from Turangi. I also knew his second wife, Nanny Rangi who did live at Ratana Pa. She was also originally from Turangi of the Patena whanau. Unfortunately all children of Sam and Amiria have now passed on, my mother-in-law was the last surviving child of this union and who passed away early December 2005. The youngest daughter of his second marriage to Nanny Rangi that I know of is Alice. Also have heard that he did have a daughter who was his oldest child before his children to his first and second wives lived in Gisbourne. Her name was Rangi (I think that was the name). I know the names of most his children to both wives as my mother-in-law always spoke about her whanau. Koro Sam's mothers name was Te Onira who hailed from Te Teko. Again my mother-in-law was raised by this kui until her death, in Taupo. His father was Tupara Maniapoto. Koro Sam is buried also in the whanau urupa at Tokaanu. Nanny Rangi is buried at Rotoaira not too far out of Turangi heading south beneath Tongariro where her whanau were raised. I attended her tangi, she was brought home here to her final resting place. Anyway I hope this has been a bit of help to you, I also have a Tupara whakapapa book that was given to whanau members a couple of years ago when another of Koro Sam's children passed away in Levin, his son Sonny Tupara who lived in there for years, his wife and kids still live there today.

Ka kite
pearlt68

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 May, 2007 11:48 pm
javzmama OWC
(@javzmama-owc)

quote:

Kia ora phenry

Ka kite
pearlt68

Hi Pearlt68,

This is phenry but i had to change my username as forgot my first password etc

Thank you for the information above, my mother is Alice and i knew my uncle sonny and most of my grandfathers kids but dont have all the information. Who was your mother in law? she will effectively be my aunty then (my mothers half sister by the looks of it) which will in turn make us whanau.

I wonder if anyone knew more about his life in gisborne i believe he was there in his younger days etc.

Anyway thank you very much

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 May, 2007 11:51 pm
Share: