Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

TUROA , Reo : Searching for whakapapa.  

Page 1 / 2 Next
mereanna OWC
(@mereanna-owc)

Kia Ora

My name is Karen and I reside in Australia. I am looking for Turoa whanau on my dads side, Waikato - Maniapoto, who can provide me with a copy of our whakapapa. A whanau reunion was held in the year 2002, which I did not attend but requests for copies are unheeded. Please, any help would be much appreciated.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 May, 2005 12:34 am
wyllie OWC
(@wyllie-owc)

My father is of Ngati Maniapoto descent and from Te Kuiti.Where was your tupuna from? Your marae?
Who you're related to?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 May, 2005 2:11 pm
mereanna OWC
(@mereanna-owc)

Kia Ora Wyllie
Since my post dated May 11, a grave mistake was made. My tupuna are of Whanganui and Ngati Tamatera descent. Our marae Te Pai O Hauraki.
An immediate family provided me with our whakapapa at last. I appreciate your reply.
E tia hoki

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14 May, 2005 8:30 pm
nzpitch OWC
(@nzpitch-owc)

Just thought i say kia ora, obvisously we must be related some how.... Im an descendant of Pehi Turoa. Ngati Patutokotoko te hapu. And im residing in Whanganui
Kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 July, 2005 11:44 am
Charlene Simpson OWC
(@charlene-simpson-owc)

Kia Ora Wyllie and nzpitch,
I am also a descendent of Te Peehi Turoa! I come from Tukapua Turoa also known as Turahui. I would love to get in contact with either of you as there is a bit o confusion with the whakapapa i have and other whakapapa i've seen. I also have a photo of Te Pehi Turoa.

Hope to hear from one of you soon.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 January, 2006 11:06 pm
Alandia OWC
(@alandia-owc)

KIA ORA,
I am also trying to build a whakapapa for my whanau as well. I was wondering if the Turoa whanau your looking for are the same whanau that are related to the Pihopa/Bishop or maniapoto whanau from wanganui?
cheers.Alandia

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 January, 2006 8:04 pm
clivet
(@clivet)

kia ora te whanau turoa,i am also a descendent of te pehi turoa.i am te wanikau tahana turoa,a descendent of tahana terangihikokia turoa,one of te pehi sons.i have turoa whakapapa an history.no photo of te pehi tho...you must be related to koro taimoana turoa from hauraki a..patutokotoko raua ko ngati kura te hapu.i live in poneke.0212321060,kia ora te whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 May, 2006 4:45 am
patutokotoko OWC
(@patutokotoko-owc)

kia ora
ko matiu haitana ahau
no Magnganui-A-Te=Ao au
ko TeTawhero Tupakaa raua ko Ngati Parekaahu Tukaiora aku tipuna
Ko Ngati Ruakopiri (aka Patutokotoko)taku hapu
Ko Uenuku te Iwi

we are currently approaching our hearings which begin next monday 15 May 2006 we have a number of Whakapapa Records available on Hapu within the National Park and Whanganui Rohe get bak to me if your interested and ican send you more info ok

naku noa

Matiu Haitana

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11 May, 2006 11:20 am
s_whalers OWC
(@s_whalers-owc)

kia ora te turoa whanau i am also a turoa and am trying to find a link between my tupuna as i am a result of whangai my ggggrandmother is a turoa she whangai my ggrandmother to another line of turoa in the lower taranaki rohe and my grandmother was whangai to the wanganui river line i know the names but am reluctant on putting my tupunas names on the web because ive been told to look afta my whakapapa..maybe you can help me matiu haitana??

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 May, 2006 10:02 am
Kaihau OWC
(@kaihau-owc)

Kia ora koutou,

My name is Justine Paranihi. My grandfather on my mothers side was Te Kapeiti (aka Cappy) Tyson (Tahana Turoa). As far as I can remember his father or grandfather was Te Peehi Turoa. I am interested in finding out more about this whakapapa line and correcting any mistakes I may have. I know we can trace back to Pungarehu and Parikino from this line. Any more info will be appreciated.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 May, 2006 12:00 am
richie OWC
(@richie-owc)

Kia Orana,

My name is Richard Makea Goodwin. My Mother Tiaki Pare Turoa is a short story writer for Huia Publishers & Learning Media School Journals.
Her father was Atihaunuiapaparangi Rumatiki Wiari Topia Turoa (Jack Turoa) who was at Himatangi / Paranui Marae / Urupa. Related to Taimoana Turoa of Hauraki now buried at Karioi. My uncle Moetatua Pamariki Mitchell Turoa has been on the Tira hoe waka for the past 3-4 years. I live in Poneke 04 3838450, 0272849637

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 July, 2006 2:36 pm
MissTuroa OWC
(@missturoa-owc)

Kia Ora Koutou
No Te Awa O Whanganui Ahau
I am just looking for whanau memebers 🙂 I am a Tyson. My Koro is Gus (Tirou) his Dad was Tahana Turoa who's brothers were Te Peehi Pakaro and Topia Turoa. They were all chiefs of the awa. Tahanas wife was Tape Pineaha. And on my nans side I am a Maaka/Blackburn she was from Kauangaroa and Huruharama Marae.. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 August, 2006 3:19 pm
Ella OWC
(@ella-owc)

Kia Ora My name is Ella Anita Turoa and i am trying to find any information about my whanau as i have no idea what so ever i know that my koros name was Charles Turoa and my nannys name was Mare Peters but both passed away when i was young as I know that i have a great grandmother Nga Huia who i reaaalllllllllllly want to find out more about any photos and links to any information would be cool as so any whanau out there that can help me out PLEASE DO !!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 October, 2006 9:21 pm
Brone OWC
(@brone-owc)

Kia Ora,
I would also be really interested in any info on our whakapapa. I am also a descendent of Tahana Turoa and Tape Pineaha. My Koro is Te Kapeiti Tahana-Turoa (who is the brother of Gus (Tirou) mentioned by one of the cuzzies above!). Am I right in thinking that my grt grandfather Tahana Turoa's fathers name was also Tahana Turoa who was the son or brother of Te Peehi Turoa!?!?! This is where I am confused and some clarification would be great!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 October, 2006 2:22 pm
Alandia OWC
(@alandia-owc)

Kia Ora,
I was told that i am desendent of Rangiapohia Pihopa Turoa but as of yet i am confused on how he is related to Peehi Turoa and i need some clarification if any body can help it would be very much appreciated. I too am also researching the Turoa whanau name as my Koro is a Pihopa from Raetihi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 November, 2006 9:53 pm
Page 1 / 2 Next

Working

Please Login or Register