Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TUROA Raniera - Tolaga Bay  

RSS
Kaleena OWC
(@kaleena-owc)

Kia Ora
I'd love to hear from any whanau who would know part of our whakapapa regarding Raniera Turoa and his whanau. All we know is that he had a daughter Mauhana Turoa who married Tiopira or Mokiterangi Pohatu, they had several children one of which was our ggrandfather Tuahae who was adopted out to a cousin of Mauhana's, Heni Materoa Carroll. We'd like to know who Raniera married and if they had more children. Any other relevant information would also be much appreciated.
Many thanks
Kaleena

Edited by - Kaleena on Jun 17 2007 4:52:01 PM

Posted : 16 August, 2006 8:08 am
PopEE OWC
(@popee-owc)

Kia Ora Kaleena,

My name is Bill Tahu - we must be cousins if Toki is your grandfather - Betty is my mum!! Is your Dad uncle Sid???? I live in Australia in Sydney my home email is btahu@aapt.net.au.
Raniera married Heni Kotikoti who was the aunty to Heni Materoa. Heni Kotikoti was the sister of Mikaero Turanga, their dad was Paratene Turanga. Mauhana had a sister Miriama and as was the maori way then, she partnered Tiopira when Mauhana passed away. The sisters were the known as the caretakers of the Rongowhakaata knowledge - waiata etc. Raniera also married the daughter of Hame Te Hau the chief from Ngati Rakaipaaka - not sure but could have been Hariata.

You have a real rich whakapapa and I have been working on it for over 30 years - It is not finished yet but I do have heaps of info and always happy to share that info!!

Kia Ora
I'd love to hear from any whanau who would know part of our whakapapa regarding Raniera Turoa and his whanau. All we know is that he had a daughter Mauhana Turoa who married Tiopira or Mokiterangi Pohatu, they had several children one of which was our ggrandfather Tuahae who was adopted out to a cousin of Mauhana's, Heni Materoa Carroll. We'd like to know who Raniera married and if they had more children. Any other relevant information would also be much appreciated.
Many thanks
Kaleena

Edited by - Kaleena on Jun 17 2007 4:52:01 PM
[/quote]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 January, 2008 9:16 pm
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

kia ora

Just wondering, if she had other middle name btw heni materoa?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06 January, 2008 4:43 pm
PopEE OWC
(@popee-owc)

Kia Ora - Only names I have ever been aware of have Heni Materoa and Te Huinga - an interesting question - why do you ask??? Our tie is that she & Timi adopted our ggrandfather - Tuahae - (naku tena)from her cousin Mauhana (and also adopted his son Toki), when Tuahae was killed at Gallipoli. I understand she went to Tiki to get our grand dad Toki, who was with Mere Ngakaho (his maternal grand mother) as his mother (Peti Waima)was also dead - not sure when and how Peti Waima died.

kia ora

Just wondering, if she had other middle name btw heni materoa?
[/quote]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07 January, 2008 10:33 am
Kaleena OWC
(@kaleena-owc)

Kia Ora Cousin Bill, So glad to recieve your feedback on my queries. Thank you, I will email you ok. Kia Ora!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 January, 2008 12:31 am
Kaleena OWC
(@kaleena-owc)

Kia ora Pono, Im wondering if you know of another Heni Materoa or could it possibly be a namesake from her?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08 January, 2008 1:04 am
Share: