Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TUROA, Tahana  

RSS
Tahana OWC
(@tahana-owc)

Kia Ora, Ko Kura TeWanikau Tahana, Taku Ingoa

Ko Ruapehu Te Maunga
Ko Whanganui Te Awa
Ko Haunui a Paparangi Te Iwi
Ko TUROA Te Tangata

I am a descendant of Te Pehi Turoa(Paramount chief) through his son Tahana(chief of patutokotoko) father of Wiremu which is our line.
I would like to inform all TAHANA & TUROA Whanau, of the the claim we have lodged on behalf of our tipuna and his descendants.
Our claim has been accepted and we now as land claimants have the opportunity to table any grievances that we may have, or that you may know of.We also have Whakapapa for whanau that are searching.
If we can assist you in any way, or for all enquiries.please email me at terakeituroa@hotmail.com

Ka Kite

Posted : 24 May, 2007 1:43 am
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

kia ora tahana

May I asked how does the claim work?
My whanau call a meeting twice last year, we have a WAI number of my tupuna. For some reason, we didn't lodged in the claim.
Can you give me a little advise.

Ka kite ano

ps: I know uncle taimoana turoa of paeroa any relative to you?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 May, 2007 10:25 pm
Tahana OWC
(@tahana-owc)

Kia Ora

To add to the previous statement.

Our claim is for the WANGANUI ENQUIRY which is within the Wanganui River area. We are representing all those who haven't or are too late to file a claim, but would still like to be heard.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 May, 2007 11:28 pm
Topia@Atutahi@Tamati OWC
(@topiaatutahitamati-owc)

quote:

Kia Ora, Ko Kura TeWanikau Tahana, Taku Ingoa

Ko Ruapehu Te Maunga
Ko Whanganui Te Awa
Ko Haunui a Paparangi Te Iwi
Ko TUROA Te Tangata

I am a descendant of Te Pehi Turoa(Paramount chief) through his son Tahana(chief of patutokotoko) father of Wiremu which is our line.
I would like to inform all TAHANA & TUROA Whanau, of the the claim we have lodged on behalf of our tipuna and his descendants.
Our claim has been accepted and we now as land claimants have the opportunity to table any grievances that we may have, or that you may know of.We also have Whakapapa for whanau that are searching.
If we can assist you in any way, or for all enquiries.please email me at terakeituroa@hotmail.com

Ka Kite

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 July, 2007 7:37 pm
Topia@Atutahi@Tamati OWC
(@topiaatutahitamati-owc)

Hi Tahanna
I am curious if this claim has some or anything to do with descendants from Te Pehi Turoa's other son Te Pehi, as i have been researching my whakapapa, I have placed my family along this line, my great grandfather was Mangia James Kingi, my father is Pepe Peter Kingi.

Could u pls let me know if this?
Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 July, 2007 7:48 pm
Share: