Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

TUTAKI  

RSS
aaria OWC
(@aaria-owc)

kia ora te whanau
ko ayla taku ingoa....im 17yrs of age n living in Sydney Australia, i live with my mum n younger brother, im originally from otautahi ch-ch, im just wondering if anyone knows any tutaki's from christchurch generally Ihakara Tutaki? Ihakara is my father whom i dont know but am willing to find out who he is!!

Posted : 24 January, 2006 8:01 pm
Kaye-Kaye OWC
(@kaye-kaye-owc)

Kia Ora

Just wondering if the name Tutaki has been shortened from a longer name such as Tutakione

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 January, 2006 9:15 am
aaria OWC
(@aaria-owc)

kia ora kaye-kaye, nah tutaki it is....by any chance do you knoe of any tutaki's from christchurch??

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 January, 2006 1:25 am
C Fraser OWC
(@c-fraser-owc)

quote:

kia ora kaye-kaye, nah tutaki it is....by any chance do you knoe of any tutaki's from christchurch??

I know of a Harry Tutaki down in south he now lives in Otago

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 November, 2006 6:39 pm
Te Paetahi OWC
(@te-paetahi-owc)

quote:

kia ora te whanau
ko ayla taku ingoa....im 17yrs of age n living in Sydney Australia, i live with my mum n younger brother, im originally from otautahi ch-ch, im just wondering if anyone knows any tutaki's from christchurch generally Ihakara Tutaki? Ihakara is my father whom i dont know but am willing to find out who he is!!

There is a Tutaki whanau from Porangahau in southern Hawkes Bay. Many of the people from that area have Ngai Tahu links so I wouldn't be surprised if some of that whanau are living in Christchurch. I knew one, Boronia (never did know her surname), who lived there for years. Piri Sciascia is the deputy vice chancellor (Maori) at Victoria University in Wellington and comes from Porangahau. He has much of the Ngati Kere (the local hapu) so may be able to help you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 January, 2007 12:42 pm
Administrator OWC
(@administrator-owc)

There are also Tutaki's out in Pureora Forest, by a little town called Bennydale. I believe that Uncle George Tutaki is still out there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 January, 2007 12:00 pm
Polly Polly OWC
(@polly-polly-owc)

Kia ora Ayla,

Look darling there's only one Ihakara that I know and he is my nephew. Who is still living in christchurch. I havn't seen him in years but every now and then I hear about him. His father was Charles, his mother is Mona. He is the eldest of 4 children. Ihakara, Rawinia, Teamaru, and Tania. I'm 50 so your father would be about 51,52. If you read this and still want to know more I could try and find out for you. But if it is the same one as I know, all I can tell you is that you have a huge whanau.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29 January, 2007 10:52 am
Star Tutaki OWC
(@star-tutaki-owc)

Kia ora Mine name is Star Tutaki, Jackson was my dad I Know that there were two brother's. My Great, great-dad was Tutaki Te Ringitanga

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 October, 2007 8:05 pm
Joy OWC
(@joy-owc)

Text

Tena koe Aaria.
I have read your post with some interest. As with respondant 'Polly Polly', I also know of the same whanau Tutaki, we went to the same Primary School and grew up through the same schools thereafter. If this is the person you are looking for,i see his whanau often. Although he was a few years older than me, I know his brother and his sisters, very well. Their father was my teacher and his mother still resides in the same area. Feel free to reply.
Kia kaha,kia manawanui.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 October, 2007 10:54 pm
Share: