Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

Tutepourangi  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Koroki35 OWC
(@koroki35-owc)

Kia ora koutou, looking for whanau who are desendants Tutepourangi of Ngati Kuia, Rangitane and Ngati Apa in the South Island that are interested in forming a hapu? Would love to hear from if your interested.

na Koroki35

Posted : 08 August, 2006 12:03 am
maori girl 64 OWC
(@maori-girl-64-owc)

Kia ora cuzzie!
just looking on this site and seen the name and the tribe, and thought my god that has to be a relative of mine, hehehehehe then sure enough looked up your profile and found out it was Kimmy.
by the way this is Clare here, just kicking back in Auz thinking of my whanau at home.
Hey cuzz! talking about forming a hapu,hows that baby of yours??? isn't there a new one on the way? be good
love to all
clare

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 August, 2006 11:40 pm
maori girl 64 OWC
(@maori-girl-64-owc)

Kia ora cuzzie!
just looking on this site and seen the name and the tribe, and thought my god that has to be a relative of mine, hehehehehe then sure enough looked up your profile and found out it was Kimmy.
by the way this is Clare here, just kicking back in Auz thinking of my whanau at home.
Hey cuzz! talking about forming a hapu,hows that baby of yours??? isn't there a new one on the way? be good
love to all
clare

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 August, 2006 11:41 pm
arohaa OWC
(@arohaa-owc)

HI...my partner is a descendant of Tutepourangi. His daughter Hinekawa married Jock MacGregor...they had a son Teone and the rest is history...We live in Foxton...if your not a descendant in this town then your married to one..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 August, 2006 11:00 pm
aussiekiwi OWC
(@aussiekiwi-owc)

kia ora koutou,

As a descendant of Tutepourangi and Hinearorangi, I fully support the formation of a hapu..although it would take alot of work as there are many descendants throughout both North and South Island as well as overseas as I am. May I suggest the creation of a online website or community group like they have in MSN(since a website can cost alot of money..community groups are free)..maybe for family members to post messages and photos, to keep the interest alive. Keep up the good work

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 August, 2006 2:48 pm
Tatere OWC
(@tatere-owc)

Tena koe,
I am a descendant of Tutepourangi through his daughter Hinekawa. My great grandfather was Tutepourangi MacDonald (1896 - 1949), the eldest son of Karaitiana McGregor, daughter to Te One McGregor, grandson of Tutepourangi and Hineaoririrangi through their daughter Hinekawa. As far as I know my great grandfather Tutepourangi MacDonald was the namesake of his tipuna Tutepourangi.
Sounds good, keep me posted.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 October, 2006 6:37 pm
Koroki35 OWC
(@koroki35-owc)

Tena koe e te whanaunga
Ko Kim taku ingoa, he tane hoki ahau mehemea e pirangi ana koe ki te tuku i-mera mai, tena tukua ma runga tena: koroki35@msn.com . no reira he tino pai ki te kite tenei panui
na Kim

quote:

Tena koe,
I am a descendant of Tutepourangi through his daughter Hinekawa. My great grandfather was Tutepourangi MacDonald (1896 - 1949), the eldest son of Karaitiana McGregor, daughter to Te One McGregor, grandson of Tutepourangi and Hineaoririrangi through their daughter Hinekawa. As far as I know my great grandfather Tutepourangi MacDonald was the namesake of his tipuna Tutepourangi.
Sounds good, keep me posted.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 October, 2006 7:09 pm
billiegirl OWC
(@billiegirl-owc)

quote:

HI...my partner is a descendant of Tutepourangi. His daughter Hinekawa married Jock MacGregor...they had a son Teone and the rest is history...We live in Foxton...if your not a descendant in this town then your married to one..
kia ora its been years since i been to foxton in fact it was the mcgregor reunion in the early 70s i am a grant grant daughter of teone mcgregor my grandfather was teone youngest son

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 October, 2006 7:00 pm
toa1614 OWC
(@toa1614-owc)

I too am descended from Tutupourangi via Hinekawa, TeOne McGregor, Riria McGregor, John DeTomba Sciascia and Geoffrey Charles Sciascia (my father).

I am currently compiling whakapapa for the greater McGregor and Sciascia families and am keen to hear from anyone connected so that we can fill gaps and fix errors. We have the current whakapapa at over 6,000 people and growing daily. We have it available on CD which is curently being shared amongst our wider family

Alan Sciascia
alan.sciascia@gmail.com
Auckland

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02 November, 2006 9:43 am
kotiro_maori OWC
(@kotiro_maori-owc)

Kia ora koutou.
My name is Myra Bateman(nee Mac Donald),my fathers name Ruanui Mac Donald,his mothers name Karaitiana Mac Donald(nee Mc Gregor),her fathers name Teone Makarika(Mac Gregor),his mother Hinekawa,her fathers name Tutepourangi,his wifes name Hinearorangi.
For those who are extended whanau at home and around the world we would like to invite you all to join a private Tutepourangi & Hinearorangi.Whanau site.
It is by invitation only so if you are interested please email me at cmbmgb@bigpond.net.au or my sister Sue at kiaorahi@hotmail.com and we will send you an invitation to join the site.
Looking forward to hearing from as many lost cousins,aunts,uncles,nannies and koros that are out there.Kia ora.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12 January, 2007 12:14 am
tamatea OWC
(@tamatea-owc)

Kia ora, im off the Riria (McGregor) Sciascia line as well. My Koro was Jim Sciascia

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01 February, 2007 12:54 am
Huia bird
(@huia-bird)

Edited by - baycat on Aug 03 2007 7:35:58 PM

Edited by - baycat on Aug 04 2007 11:42:35 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03 August, 2007 7:22 pm
Lis McGregor OWC
(@lis-mcgregor-owc)

Kia Ora whanau
Just looking round and saw my McGregor name so thought id leave a lil note. My name was Lisa McGregor (married now tho)my father is Rex McGregor his parents were Edward & Lucy McGregor. I dont no any of my history just a few names like Hokowhitu, Te One, Poutu etc. i dont even no if these names are spelt right but would love to find out more any suggestions on how would be awesome

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 October, 2007 1:15 pm
Lis McGregor OWC
(@lis-mcgregor-owc)

Kia Ora Myra Bateman

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 October, 2007 1:18 pm
kotiro_maori OWC
(@kotiro_maori-owc)

Kia ora Lis McGregor,email me on my address above......arohanui Myra

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04 October, 2007 9:38 pm