Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

UNCLAIMED MAORI LAND MONIES  

Page 1 / 8
  RSS
iraboyd@hotmail.com OWC
(@iraboydhotmail-com-owc)
Eminent Member

Kia ora whanau,
If you think your tupuna or whanau have land or land monies that have not yet been collected email me with his/her name and i can search my list or check it out for you.

Once you have downloaded the unclaimed list file,
1 Hold down the cntrl key and then press the f key.
2 A small box should appear on screen.
3 In the ‘find what’ box, type in the name of the person you are searching for eg Eunice Karaitiana
4 Then click on Find Next box.
5 If you are searching for other whanau then hold down the cntrl key and then press home key to start your next search.
If this doesn't work post me please.

This is the unclaimed maori land money list for 2006.
www.tpk.govt.nz/about/structure/mto/unclaimed_list06.pdf

If any are deceased then the siblings can succeed to the land and monies. Have a browse through these booklets.
http://www.justice.govt.nz/maorilandcourt/booklets.htm

Ma te waa whanau.

Edited by - iraboyd@hotmail.com on Dec 20 2006 09:12:41 AM

Posted : 30 August, 2006 7:47 am
wassos01 OWC
(@wassos01-owc)

Maungatapu Hakopa,Mateono or Tangataiti, Elviria Maungatapu Shortland,is any of those names in your book? One is my mum,the other is my great grandmother.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30 August, 2006 8:13 pm
iraboyd@hotmail.com OWC
Eminent Member

Tena koe Sonia, Check out the maori land court website found land for Mateono Hakopa. Nothing for Elviria Maungatapu Shortland, Maungatapu Hakopa or Tangataiti Hakopa.
Sorry...
Post if i can help any further. There is also a map which shows you exactly wea the land is situated.
Enjoy...
Ma te waa.
Ko Ira ahau

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 September, 2006 6:33 pm
toosick OWC
(@toosick-owc)

Kia Ora,
Have searched the land courts before and have found lands which belonged to my mother and father inlaw and their respective parents. But do not know the process involved in how to succeed to the lands which originally belonged to your parents and parents parents. Now days there are so many owners through succession that you wonder if it is worth it to even do the paper work. I do not know though and perhaps you can enlighten me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 October, 2006 7:56 pm
pono OWC
(@pono-owc)
Eminent Member

I have heard & seen so much pain from person whose are the original title to his/her deceased. Whanau trust put in place by MLC is legal. This mean whanau becomes the beneficaries, shareholders and not as the owner/s

Entitle shareholder filed MLC succession application to their deceased interest your block will becomes controlled by the puni kokiri trust or ahu trust or trusts
They have the controlling power over you and your whanau trust..

Now, here the part interest me. What happen when one sibling whose entitle to grandparents interests under the wills or no wills and without his/her consent?
Could the whanau still wish to formed a whanau trust without written consent? of course Whanau trust can allowed that. Only one big problems, interests doesn't belong to the whanau trust yet only if that one person gives written consent so this person be locked into the whanau trust and shares the interest to others. Unless, can alienated or corparated your interests by proved document!

I have seen this happens to whanau I know. They invite me go to MLC to see how this system works. Wow! some stupid systems MLC are doing hasn't check thoroughly first!

Especially the wairiki MLC. They the biggest worst secret of all! I won't tell. lol!

If application approved then this means interest to the land/block have been succeed can help to contined to renewed land leases title for the certain period of time.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 October, 2006 3:21 pm
taiga
(@taiga)
Trusted Member

Tera ahau ka tautoko i nga korero kua horahia nei!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 October, 2006 2:59 pm
iraboyd@hotmail.com OWC
Eminent Member

quote:

Kia Ora,
Have searched the land courts before and have found lands which belonged to my mother and father inlaw and their respective parents. But do not know the process involved in how to succeed to the lands which originally belonged to your parents and parents parents. Now days there are so many owners through succession that you wonder if it is worth it to even do the paper work. I do not know though and perhaps you can enlighten me.

Kia ora TooSick,
Well i guess it's up to you wether you decide to go for succession?
Have posted on maori.org 'Succession to Whanau Land', visit the website and have a read, maybe this will help you with your decision. I understand it is not an easy task to go for succession of land, but all i can say is give it a go?
Arohamai,
Ko Ira tenei

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 November, 2006 1:11 pm
jj OWC
(@jj-owc)

Kia Ora are you able to do a search for me My koros name is Lincon Black his father is Boris(Te Para) Black and Lincons mother is Eva Black nee Edwards kia ora

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18 November, 2006 5:27 pm
iraboyd@hotmail.com OWC
Eminent Member

quote:

Kia Ora are you able to do a search for me My koros name is Lincon Black his father is Boris(Te Para) Black and Lincons mother is Eva Black nee Edwards kia ora

Tena koe Judi, there was no land found for Lincon Black but found land for Lincoln Patrick Pohipi Black. He is noted as 'deceased' so someone has succeeded to his land shares as there is no unclaimed maori land monies for him. Koro Lincoln (if its the same one) has shares in the following blocks:
Opape 17 - Waiariki
Pukemauri No 2 - Waiariki
Waiotahi Parish Lot 393B 2A - Waiariki
Whakapaupakihi 2 - Tairawhiti
Whitianga 15 - Waiariki
Whitianga 14 - Waiariki
Whitianga 2 & 9B 3B (aggregated) - Waiariki
Whitianga 9B1 - Tutawake Meeting House - Waiariki.
Eva Black has land shares in the following blocks:
Hiwarau C - Waiariki
Opape 4C - Waiariki
Opape Papakainga 3T - Waiariki
Eva Edwards found land for Eva Topeora Edwards:
Kohatutaka 6A11 - Taitokerau
Kohatutaka 6A13A - Taitokerau
Kohatutaka 6K3 - Taitokerau
Maungatapu No 2 - Waikato/Maniapoto
Otawa No 2E - Waikato/Maniapoto
Punakitere 2B3E2A - Taitokerau
Ranginui 9B - Waikato/Maniapoto
Whakatere-Manawakaiaia B75 - Taitokerau.
(Not certain if Eva Black and Eva Topeora Edwards are the same persons).
Boris Te Para Black: There are no land shares for Koro Boris Te Para Black so i'm assuming his lands have been succeeded too.
These Black's have unclaimed land monies:
George Forrest Black - $539.17
Mary Black - $1,339.52
Rahera Tukino Black - 974.82
Thomas Black - $1,339.52
If you know any of them get them to drop into their nearest Maori Land Court Office and update their personal information.
Post me if i can be of further assistance.
Arohamai,
Ko Ira tenei

Edited by - iraboyd@hotmail.com on Nov 19 2006 10:17:38 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 November, 2006 10:15 am
sista_brown OWC
(@sista_brown-owc)

Kia ora Ira,

Could you please check on my father's name - Matthew John TE HIRA or Matiu John TE HIRA, his father was Matiu Whiu TE HIRA.

Also could you check on my grandfather's name Wiki TeRatahi MEI or MAY and my grandmother's name Kathleen Kauta KAKE.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 November, 2006 8:42 pm
ceasarno1 OWC
(@ceasarno1-owc)

Kia ora Ira'

could you please do a check on my father's name, his name is Benjamin williams, his dads name is David williams and his mother's name is mary stuart....
thanks..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 November, 2006 10:46 pm
iraboyd@hotmail.com OWC
Eminent Member

quote:

Kia ora Ira,

Could you please check on my father's name - Mathew John TE HIRA or Matiu John TE HIRA, his father was Matiu Whiu TE HIRA.

Also could you check on my grandfather's name Wiki TeRatahi MEI or MAY and my grandmother's name Kathleen Kauta KAKE.

Thanks

Kia ora Dawn,
Have found the following for you:
There is a Mathew Te Hira who will succeed to his mother's land (Annie Mary TE HIRA) along with his brothers and sisters listed below when she passes on:
Francis, George, Terry, Joseph, Priscilla Rhind, Michael, David, Wattie, Edward, Elizabeth and Arthur.

There is also landshares for Mathew John TE HIRA:
Whirinaki NO.4 C NO.4 - Taitokerau rohe
Whirinkai 3B 8B 2 - Taitokerau rohe
Sad to say that there are no unclaimed maori land monies for those mentioned above, however there is land money for Ferne TE HIRA - $773.75 - Waikato/Maniapoto rohe.
Could not find any land shares or unclaimed maori land monies for:
Matiu Whiu TE HIRA or Wiki Te Ratahi MEI or MAY
or Kathleen kauta KAKE.
I am assuming someone/s have succeeded to their land shares.
Hope this has been of some help?
Post if I can assist any further.

Noho ora mai,
Ko Ira tenei.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 November, 2006 10:40 am
iraboyd@hotmail.com OWC
Eminent Member

quote:

Kia ora Ira'

could you please do a check on my father's name, his name is Benjamin williams, his dads name is David williams and his mother's name is mary stuart....
thanks..

Tena koe Heath,
Benjamin Williams::
Benjamin Williams has landshares in the following blocks:
Mangahauini 7 Section 63
Mangahauini 7 Section 91
Mangahauini No 9
Mangaheia 1B2A5A2
Mangaheia 2K2B
Paikea-Whitireia
Te Maheni 2
Tuatini MT Section 2 Blk III
Tuatini MT Section 5 Blk X
Tuatini MT Section 5,6 Blk III
Tuatini MT Sec5, Pt 7 & 8, Blk IX
Tuatini MT Section 8B, Blk III
Waihoa 2B
All Tairawhiti rohe (East Coast area)

Benjamin Tukotahi Williams has unclaimed maori land monies from Aotea to the amount of $591.40

David Williams::
David Williams – Has shares in 29 land blocks but no unclaimed maori land monies.
There is also a David Anthony Williams, a David Harry Williams, a David John Williams, a David Karakata Williams, a David Raumoa Williams, and a David Trevor Williams, who all have land shares but no unclaimed maori land monies.

Mary Stuart:
Mary Stuart – no land shares and no unclaimed maori land monies either, however there are land shares for a Mary Elizabeth Stuart – Her shares are in the following blocks:
Aparima Site No 1 Claim 67
Bushy Point part Hawea Claim 14
Lake Side Site No 1 part Hawea Claim 14
Lake Side Site No 2 part Hawea Claim 14
Lake Side Site No 3 part Hawea Claim 14
All Te Waiponamu rohe (South Island)

There is unclaimed maori land monies for a Ruth Stuart but none for Mary Stuart – Tairawhiti rohe - $1,141.12

There are also 39 Williams that have unclaimed maori land monies:

I have posted on maori.org 'Path to Unclaimed Maori Land Monies'. Have a look at that posting, think its on page 3 or 4???? of Finding Whanau (Family).
Hope this is of some help.
Post me if I can assist any further.
Noho ora mai,
Ko Ira tenei.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 November, 2006 2:23 pm
tinamsolo OWC
(@tinamsolo-owc)

Kiaora Tina Solomon from Perth could you please look up my mothers name Pare Arihi Field.Grangmother-Lovie Ereatara-Puriri.Nanny-Pa - Puriri-Ereatara

Edited by - tinamsolo on Nov 22 2006 11:46:15 PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 November, 2006 11:15 pm
sista_brown OWC
(@sista_brown-owc)

He mihi nui kia koe e Ira mo to awhi me to tautoko ki ahau.

That has been a big help Ira, we had been told that our father's land had been sold (he passed away about 2 years ago), but now you have opened a door for my family to look into his so that our children will have somewhere they can call home.

Dawnette

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22 November, 2006 5:20 am
Page 1 / 8
Share: