Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

WAAKA / WAAKA-IRAIA  

Baby OWC
(@baby-owc)

Hello Everyone
I am trying to complete my Whakapapa, for my mum and her family. We have family in Kaitaia, Ahipara areas. I only Know their names as Nanny Roka husband is Nanny Paa, kids Tui & Piri. If anyone can help me with this, please contact me.

From Awhina

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10 March, 2005 6:53 pm
jewell OWC
(@jewell-owc)

HI Awhina,

Waaka Iraia is the father to Te Hoani Waaka-Iraia. Te Hoani married Kiriheke Cash. Then they had Grand-dad. Unfortunately Kiriheke passed on when grand-dad was still a baby. Then Te Hoani married Roka Waaka (aka Nanny Roka). They never had any children together although nanny Roka had one son, Arthur to nanny paa. Te hoani is known to the family as nanny pops. Tui was adopted by Nanny Roka and Te Hoani which makes her grand-dad's (step) sister. Piri's real mother's name is Diane, and if I am correct his father's name is also Piri. Nanny Roka bought Tui and Piri up as her own.

I hope I have given you enough info to keep our whakapapa growing.

Kia kaha cousin,

From Tui

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 March, 2005 12:01 am
jewell OWC
(@jewell-owc)

I think I have nanny paa and nanny pops around the right way, that I am not too sure of.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 March, 2005 12:13 am
Baby OWC
(@baby-owc)

Hey Tui
Thanx Heaps for that & your sister is going to bring me info on your immediate family when she comes over.
love and miss you all heaps from
Awhina

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 March, 2005 1:00 pm
Mikaere OWC
(@mikaere-owc)

Kia Ora Baby.

I dont know how this might help you but i thought i'd add it because of the name Waaka.

My great-grand-uncle was from Russia. His name was Nicola Semmenoff and he was hidden from the authorities by the people of Ngati Kahu in the 1800 during the whaling era. When the authorities gave up looking for him he eventually settled down and married.

His first wife was Rebecca Davis. I do not know where she came from. His second wife was Margret Nathan from Dargavill. His final wife was Iwa Rapihana Waaka.

He and Rapihana lived in Pamapuria just before Kataia. I know they had a large whanau and some are still alive. There are still Semenoff's living in Kaitaia, Ahipara, Whangarei, Manurewa, Otara and Hamilton.

I have alittle info about the Semenoff's and if you need it just email me. Hope this will strengthen you link.

Ka keti ano

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20 March, 2005 7:44 pm
Baby OWC
(@baby-owc)

Thanx Mikaere
I really appreciate your interest, if I need more info I will gladly e-mail you.

From Awhina

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 March, 2005 6:01 pm
WhisperNZ OWC
(@whispernz-owc)

Hey Baby, this will help a little. Nanny Paa and Nanny Maama are mums parents, Nanny Paa's name is: Peri Haami Waaka. Nanny Maama's name is Ripeka Tairi Haami Waaka (nee Pukeroa). Nanny Paa died 27th June 1982, Nanny Maama ? Nanny Paa had 3 brothers: Te Wi Haami Waaka, Hopa Haami Waaka and Mapere Haami Waaka. I haven't mentioned Nanny Grace as yet but I will include her at a later date for you. Nanny Paa hailed from Great Barrier Is and Nanny Maama from Rotorua, Nanny Maama was Tuwharetoa and Nanny Paa; now I shouldn't really say as i'm unsure of his hapu, but it is either Ngati Rehua or Ngati Wai. That will do for now. Talk to you later Babe. Give ALL MY LOVE to your MUM and to the rest of the Whanau, miss you all heaps. PS can u email me all the names of the moko's their for me please including those from Aunty Judy's moko's THANX

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21 May, 2005 11:52 am
WhisperNZ OWC
(@whispernz-owc)

Hey Babe, i'm glad to say that Nanny Paa is Ngati Rehua and his full name is Peri Haami Ngawaka who are direct descendants. The Ngawaka whanau I am tracing as we speak, also Nanny Paa was Nanny Maama's 2nd husband. I won't hurt your head over this one right now but I will keep you informed as we travel this road together. I do have alot more information for you but all in good time, really all you need for now are your 4 poles and you will already have that i'm sure. Just a bit of trivia for you though, did you know that Nanny Maama is 1st cousins to Princess Te Puea and that we do have a connection to Mikaere, but again all in good time... Keep up the search Babe

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 May, 2005 4:25 pm
WhisperNZ OWC
(@whispernz-owc)

Hey Babe, I have photo's of Kiriheke Kaihe (Cash), and Nanny Pop if you want a copy just let me know and they are yours.

This is for Mum:
Te Maunga Whangatauatia
Te Awa Irikura
Te Marae Te O Haki
Te Hapu Te Rarawa
Te Iwi Nga Puhi Nui Tonu - Waikato

Nga Matua: Hirita Wiremu Waaka (Whaea)
Wiremu Hone Waaka (Papa)

Nga Matua Tupuna: Ripeka Peri Waaka nee Pukeroa
Peri Haamai Waaka (Ngawaka)

On Nanny Mum's side...

I'll keep you up to date Babe...

How are you doing on your side with info finding???

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24 May, 2005 10:27 am
snapper101 OWC
(@snapper101-owc)

Hi Baby,

A friend of mine recently found this posting & sent it on to me. My name is Nicola Semenoff, I'm the great grandaughter of the Nicola Semenoff Mikaere talked about earlier. My father Stuart (mostly known as Chippie) has done quite a bit of work on our whakapapa over the past couple of years. I'm not sure if you need any more info but I can ask him to pass it on if you're interested. My parents live in Ahipara in the far north. My father & his brothers all grew up in Pamapuria near the original family farm, although none of the Semenoff family live there any longer.

Ka kite
Nicola

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25 January, 2006 9:07 am
Baby OWC
(@baby-owc)

Thanx heaps Nicola, I really appreciate your reply. I don't have much really as I have just started. I will greatffully accept anything that anyone would like to share with me.

Ka kite
Awhina

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28 January, 2006 5:32 pm
Becks06 OWC
(@becks06-owc)

Kia ora who ever

i was just wondering where does the name Iraia comes into it?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15 April, 2006 2:30 am

Working

Please Login or Register