Welcome to the Whakapapa Club Forums where you will find a wealth of information.  You are free to browse the forums, but if you wish to comment or add requests, you must register, which is quick and easy and you can even use your Facebook Login.

Once you have signed up and posted either a reply or a new post it will not appear in the forums until it has been approved – this is to stop spam from appearing and keeping our Whakapapa Club Forums relavent for Whakapapa only.

If someone helps you don’t forget to acknowlege them.

WAATA  

RSS
smile21 OWC
(@smile21-owc)

Wanting to find whanau WAATA information apparently my tupuna was an only surviving son, had several sisters some kept the name WAATA for their children. were from orakei/mission bay, wanting more info please can only go so far back on whakapapa...not too sure if info is correct....

Posted : 16 September, 2005 3:13 pm
Lil OWC
(@lil-owc)

Kia ora smile21
Can I have some more info,I know some Waata's but these people come from Oturei in Dargaville, they might be the same lot, I don't know?
Warm regards

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 September, 2005 11:43 am
Kina
 Kina
(@kina)
Eminent Member

Poupouahi Waata Born 13 July 1896 at Orakei Died 1981 . Father. TeWiki Waata, Mother. Maki Watene.

Robin Matehuirua Waata Born 12 Dec 1934 at Orakei Died 25 Jan 1969. Father . Popawaihi Waata . Mother Herewina Hori.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19 September, 2005 2:00 pm
aniso OWC
(@aniso-owc)

Kia Ora, my grandmother was Te Ataarangi Waata from Oturei, if any one has info regarding this whanau I would really appreciate it.
Thank you
Anne Barber nee Te Tuhi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26 October, 2005 3:04 pm
philo OWC
(@philo-owc)

Kia ora my grandparents are hemi waata and ruby waata from kaiaua, my koros parents were wana waata and rata waata. I have lots of uncles and aunts, and cuzzies from their but never met anyone from orakei i think thats were ny mum told me more of the waata whanau is would be really interesting to hear from anyone.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13 January, 2006 9:49 pm
pihopa OWC
(@pihopa-owc)

kia ora,my grandparents r jim waata an ruby waata from kaiaua

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27 April, 2006 9:40 am
kia_kaha06 OWC
(@kia_kaha06-owc)

quote:

Wanting to find whanau WAATA information apparently my tupuna was an only surviving son, had several sisters some kept the name WAATA for their children. were from orakei/mission bay, wanting more info please can only go so far back on whakapapa...not too sure if info is correct....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 July, 2006 10:09 am
kia_kaha06 OWC
(@kia_kaha06-owc)

Tena koe, my great grandmother is Maki Waata of Orakei. Her daughter Meringaroto is my grandmother and her daughter Parekura is my mother. Poupoahi(better known as uncle Bomby) is my grandmothers brother. His wife Herewaina was also affectionately known as aunty Cherry. Maki married surname was Waata (1st husband) which is my whakapapa. Kia ora

Edited by - kia_kaha06 on Jul 05 2006 10:21:36 AM

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05 July, 2006 10:17 am
smile21 OWC
(@smile21-owc)

Wana and te aherata waata are my tupuna, they are related too the late ruby grey. Wana and Te Aherata lived in Kaiaua, Would like to know what the connection to Orakei pertaining to these two is.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23 May, 2007 6:28 pm
Share: